Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Reality anyone?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Virtual Reality anyone?

So here i am doing a report about Virtual Reality, i was wondering if anyone knows anything about that subject , i heard certain things about VR but its all sounds to advanced, do u think VR can help us in the future?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Virtual Reality anyone?

I know that the US military uses VR to train its soldiers in certain areas. Some US police agencies also use it to train cops on car chases, and other scenerios.

I saw a news report on the VR used by the military - and they have special suits that they wear that transmit pain if they get shot! They showed someone training, and he got shot in the leg, and he fell down screaming!

Does it help, I don't know... VR can NEVER EVER EVER replace real life experience.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    They showed someone training, and he got shot in the leg, and he fell down screaming!

Does it help, I don't know... VR can NEVER EVER EVER replace real life experience.
    I can imagine they use this to show the soldiers how much it really hurts to get shot, and tell them not to midlessley shoot at your enemy, you have to use tactics.
    I'v shot a real gun, and its 10x louder/scarier then in movies or what people tell you it is, It gave me and my father a whole new respect for what soldiers have to deal with. I'll post pics of what I shot at once I hook up my camera

As to VR, I don't know MUCH about it, just that its not used as much nowadays as it was, say, 5-10 years ago. The last I heard about anything VR, was paintball, lol.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    I can imagine they use this to show the soldiers how much it really hurts to get shot, and tell them not to midlessley shoot at your enemy, you have to use tactics.
    Yes - That was what they said. And they used footage of real people shooting at you - To give it thatmuch more realism. I remember reading an article in a science/technology magazine about the use of VR for surgeons... They are still working on it, of course. So that dr.'s can get a sense of what to learn before practicing on a real human!

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Well, with the game America's Army, that is used(or so I heard, from TV/net/others) to train soldiers, they have quite a nice medic instruction program. How to use tourniquets(sp?) while proping up injured limbs, ect. How to stop bleeding by applying so-and-so amount of pressure, what to do with injuries in certain areas.

And i can imagine there is some kinda VR program for that, although I can imagine how much effort would need to be put into creating a virtually realistic human body with all the bones, muscles, tissues and organs. Not to mention the triggers for bleeding, and stuff like that.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Well VR is mostly used for video games now. They don't use it for training as much anymore. I heard that it sends pain through shocking your nerves. Enough shocks to person's nervous system can cause serious damage.

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

see i think if they used it to completely simulate street racing their'ed be a whole lot less of it.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    Well VR is mostly used for video games now. They don't use it for training as much anymore. I heard that it sends pain through shocking your nerves. Enough shocks to person's nervous system can cause serious damage.
    Nope. VR is used in every branch of the military as a training console because it is so much more realistic. And our nervous systems are assaulted every day, in a variety of ways, so I don't think it's going to do much if you have nerves stimulated in a VR scenario. VR is used for a lot of things, testing equiptment, training, and video games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast