Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Sword Causes Real Death

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    What a moron getting pissed over a game ITS A GAME sheesh

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah and i thought i got mad...
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Too bad the guy the didn't steal a real sword. The guy who was robbed could've taken the sword back and then stabbed him to death with it, which would've been ironic.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie BrianD may be famous one day BrianD may be famous one day BrianD's Avatar
    Thanks
    People just forgot that a game is to be enjoyed and have fun playing with.
    Some really just get to engrossed with them and not able to differ what is real and what is not anymore.

meaning...

people should go outside and turn off thier PCs for a while.
    Last edited by BrianD; Apr 02, 2005 at 10:57 AM.

[ - Want a sig? Click here for one! - ]

Otaku Lynk may be famous one day Lynk may be famous one day Lynk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    I believe that the internet-world and the real one should intermingle and be more one. I look forward to the day where we can also seriously own property on the net, like we own property in real life. And also allow our minds to be converted into the cyber-world.

The thought of actually converting our minds into VR (virtual reality for anyone who didnt know) would be a good idea, but we would also have to think of the consequences of it. things like :would it truly take over our lives? or Would it push us to do this same thing more often? If we were to have true property in a VR game, or in VR in general, we would be able to switch between the two and if we lost something of great value to us, who knows what we would do. We just might have a repeat of this killing.
    92% of teens moved on to rap music.If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's sad and patheic at the same time. This is what happens when you make these games a little TOO lifelike. Now I like the idea of virtual reality and the progression into that area, but when shit like this happens, I always get that second thought, what about the mentally unstable people? The people who play it like it's more than a game? These are the people that make it so we HAVE to have the ratings on video games, if I were a creator of this game, I'd be exetremely dissappointed in people's lack of self-control.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, some people really need help. Killing others over a sword? Please.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. Music IS digital. How about people that compose their music on the computer? It's no different from how a game is created.

Also, web pages. I could've sworn they counted as intellectual property. That's why everything released on the web is automatically considered copyrighted. I forgot what caused that, but the same thing also enabled people to forbid certain others from getting onto their website through some act signed by Clinton (I think).

Games most definitely count as property. BUT, this is a tricky situation, because if the guy argues that the sword counts as digital property, then the defense can simply argue that since the developers of the game created the code, then the developers should be the only ones selling it. I doubt the ability to sell items from that game was provided.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    oh great you know whats gonna happen now....everyones gonna go around saying the internet and all games are bad and evil and will corrupt young childrens minds all because some guy got carried away with the game...its happened before with the whole GTA vice city thing about some kid tryin to kill another kid because he saw it on a game and thought it was cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast