Thread: Virus Knight...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Virus Knight...

Since there is topic about virus issue, I was wandering what could be the best, or the more suited Anti virus software to protect PC.

Since far as I remember, I've always used AVG. Because is it free and I didn't seems to have prob running it. Don't really know about the other or the one compatible for Mac & Unix OS.

I was just wandering if some of you use another soft to protect yourself from the bad ass kicker.
    Coming soon.........

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I've been using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for the last year or so.

It's not free, but not that highly-priced, either. The safeguard it produces is actually surprisingly good and there are new virus databases out almost every day, which (if not specified otherwise in the settings) will be downloaded automatically to the PC. The UI is pretty self-explanatory and the English version is more than understandable. In my hands it has worked better than Norton Antivirus 2002, which was my anti-virus earlier. It also has versions for both Linux distributions and PDAs, so the company hasn't really been standing doing nothing.

Because I've been using many different computers in Finland and hence used the anti-virus program as well, I can say I know F-Secure Internet Security 2005 pretty well (it's got a 85% penetration ratio over there, at least, since it ships with every broadband connection). Its anti-virus abilites are moderate (with a "Parts licensed from Kaspersky"- text in its About box) compared to Kaspersky, but it has a bit more cluttered UI (and some quite weird word choices in the original Finnish version) and versions for 'smartphones' using Symbian Series 60- operating system. The F-Secure- package rates higher than moderate on my list, but doesn't beat Kaspersky, at least not while I've been using those two.

It must be noted, though, that there were no false alerts or virus infections on my computer and on computers close to me while I've been using them. So they're both pretty good for Home Use. For business or larger networks with Linux servers serving them, though, I'd go for the Kaspersky Labs' offer, since they can offer a bit better defence, in my opinion (in that only, I have not run any real tests about the actual security they've produced).
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    ive been using F-secure
    it comes free with my internet provider and it works pretty well ^^

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

F-secure has recently released some security bug fixes, so you might want to check their website and see if your current with the updates...

I use Norton's AntiVirus myself, as it has a good reputation for providing protection. It is currently rumored that Microsoft will enter the anti-virus market sometime this summer/fall, which will bring a new signficant player to the anti-virus market...

Related CNet articles on Microsoft developments...
    http://news.com.com/Windows+anti-spy...02.html?tag=nl
    http://news.com.com/Symantec+Whos+af...3-5577989.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    symantec corperate edition (LEGAL COPY! i qualify under my work's liscence since i do alot of work on my laptop)

same guys as norton and for me atleast it is free.....

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm....
    I use McAfee Anti-Virus. Is Norton that much better than McAfee? If so, how?
    Master Pivot - Wielder of the Coherent Light Bokken
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    [...]
    I use Norton's AntiVirus myself, as it has a good reputation for providing protection. It is currently rumored that Microsoft will enter the anti-virus market sometime this summer/fall, which will bring a new signficant player to the anti-virus market...
    Microsoft playing the body guard for them-self......O.o

That's kinda odd. They will surelly block their own virus, but I prefer that they fix their security update before selling their OS.

JEEB, I'm preaty interested by you, Having alink for me??? PM me

AS for norton, I'm thinking that it is taking too much memory space. Everytime I go for a support, He block me from instaling soft or debugging the registery.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually, I thought the opposite of McAfee and Norton. I used to use McAfee a few years ago and it made my computer very slow to start, shut down and load other programs while on. Then I switched to Norton and that wasn't much of a problem. Of course that was years ago and hopefully McAfee fixed that.