Thread: VNC, and err video encoding(two different subjects, not going to make two threads.)

Newbie TotheEnd may be famous one day TotheEnd may be famous one day
    Thanks

VNC, and err video encoding(two different subjects, not going to make two threads.)

Ok, VNC. Does your pc have to be on to be accessed? Probably a stupid question.... And are there any open source, or just full working freeware avi/mpeg converters?

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: VNC, and err video encoding(two different subjects, not going to make two threads

Yes, as the VNC is a server daemon running on the background. I'd recommend VirtualDub (clickie) for the video conversion with all the needed codecs. For that I recommend the legal Gordian Knot codec pack (Doom9.org). And if you have to access rarer file formats, then MPlayer (command-line) is for you with its codec packs (clickie).
    人生フゥ~!!!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: VNC, and err video encoding(two different subjects, not going to make two threads.)

VNC yes your comp has to be on and have VNC running to accept connections.

This is just to clarify "VNC is a server daemon running on the background" statement by JEEB
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|