Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: walk a mile...........

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sometimes it's because of anger.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    There is always the matter that someone is just brutally wrong on a particular subject.
    He will, of course, interpret certain criticisms as venomous attacks on his person—various threads on this, and other, forums point to this fact.
    Criticism is by no means a bad thing, nor should it be stamped out.
    Last edited by Slothrop; Mar 02, 2005 at 12:39 PM.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly now its just a part of society. People dont do it always because they are jealous or disagree with what the person they are criticizing is doing. People mostly do it because now its become a joke, its something to laugh at. Look at what that person is wearing or that person did this or that. Its sad, and we all do it at one time or another. I havent met a person yet who is above it. Some people act like they are above it and on the outside they are, but nobody really is above it. Inside people judge, more critically than outside sometimes. Its just how the world is. Thats what commercializing and modernization can do. I wonder if very many poor starving kids in Africa do that to their peers. Somehow I highly doubt it. America is just so stuck up and rich that we have nothing better to do. Its simply amusement, nothing more. Thats all America is now, one big amusement park at every one of its citizen's expense.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    What's sandals got to do with a serial killer o.O` u confuse me beyond words.....
    Lol, j.k..... umm i think i get what ur talkking about.
    sorry about that, I had to rush to class so I forgot to type this

I meant to outrun the killer

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Thats what commercializing and modernization can do. I wonder if very many poor starving kids in Africa do that to their peers. Somehow I highly doubt it. America is just so stuck up and rich that we have nothing better to do. Its simply amusement, nothing more. Thats all America is now, one big amusement park at every one of its citizen's expense.
    Right, because before the twentieth century no one ever judged someone else by the color of their skin, or trivialized the death of hundreds of people, or criticized anyone else's cloths. Nor has any other country been so stuck up and rich that they have nothing better to do. Nope, before the modernization of America everything was peachy as could be.

Certainly none of the European nations are a big amusement park, it's citizens the attraction. No, only America, because, you know, everyone is better than those hick bastards and their skewed sense of reality.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Thats what commercializing and modernization can do. I wonder if very many poor starving kids in Africa do that to their peers. Somehow I highly doubt it. America is just so stuck up and rich that we have nothing better to do. Its simply amusement, nothing more. Thats all America is now, one big amusement park at every one of its citizen's expense.
    Really? Last I heard in Africa they were killing people for being white and/or Christian. Some would consider that criticism at it's worst.

Seriously though, I know of three reasons people criticise others.
    1. They have a low self esteem and want to make themselves feel 'big'.
    2. There is some trait (usually that they have themselves) that drives them crazy when others do it.
    3. Life sucks and they're in a bad mood.

I think the third is the reason for the quote. Before you think someone is stupid because of something they did stop and think, what could be going on you don't know about. You just never know how bad someone elses life is. Give them a break.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    if its not constructive criticism, then chances are it stems from insecurity.

The end is important in all things.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Allow me to reword my previous statement, I feel completely misunderstood in my opinion. I forgot how witty and intelligent some of my fellow AO peers could be, cant slip anything past you guys. But I understood the question to be in this period of time, not in the past. Sorry Slothrop, I didnt mean to be confusing. History would argue in your favor however if we were talking about the past, but I wasnt answering where the history of treating people like crap originated.

And in response to Ariiana, as for the Africa statement, I meant that in the terms of I dont see many of them being petty and saying that to other people like people in more modern countries like America do. Africans, for the most part, dont do that kind of thing to their people for amusement. You're right, instead if they disagree they kill them, not belittle them. Belittling is only done in abundance in "developed" countries, or so my opinion would be, for the most part but then again I havent kept traces on every person that has ever existed to see if this claim was completely true so I could be wrong. But it is just one man's opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast