View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on wall piracy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is just downright underhanded...

11 68.75%
  • I'm a waller and this is injustice! I feel cheated!

5 31.25%
  • This shouldn't raise any concern at all..

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WALLERS PLEASE READ: Wall Piracy?

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Wall & Doujinshi Piracy?

Before the year 2004 ended, I was able to purchase for myself some inexpensive anime stickers... Well, at first, I had no problem with this but when I arrived home to take a second hard look at the pictures printed, I witnessed a surprising sight...

So, if you have already guessed, I had recognized a few walls that were made, with lots of effort and submitted for constructive criticism/admiration of many, BY THE DEDICATED ARTISTS OF AO... This really upsetted me because it really didn't seem like the authors knew their works were being printed and sold by the lot... This, it seems, is a violation of the respect to and the copyright of the owner... Plus, it's unauthorized usage and abuse...

It really is so unfair... That's why I decided to bring this up after it crossed my mind again recently... Fyi, I found this out after the AO crash and the walls/doujinshis I recognized were from the former community... But still, this means that a member(s?) of this community has been ripping out authored works from unsuspecting artists... I believe this case should be taken into concern as it is a form of piracy against these artists...

Anyways, for further discussion, what do you think is the proper solution for this? What should be done? I mean, IT IS a hard situation considering that you can't just ban every member from viewing the pieces that our artists have so carefully made for fans everywhere... And it would be sad too because that way, our wallers/fan artists would be unable to receive helpful and praising comments that may prove useful for future improvement...

::EDIT:: I apologize to sketch artists and doujinshi drawing people (as I am one)... But the second poll option should be wallers OR DOUJINSHI ARTISTS... So please do select the second option if you are one, feel that way and want to be part of the poll... And I'm not sure if this is in the right section so if any mods/admins out there would care to move this, please do so...

::EDIT:: PM me if you want proof of scans and I'll e-mail it to you...
    Last edited by zeine; Feb 08, 2005 at 10:53 PM.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is something that may be better suited as a debate, so moving to "Opinions and Debate"...

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Stealing someones work and effort is just right dirty! first off all permission is required and if they make profite i think the author should get some chash back right.Jan

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah if they are making a profit they should tell the artist first and make a deal or something that way everyone wins YAY!

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    just plain right underhanded, wallers take their time making walls for people to enjoy.
    An people take advantage of wallers their own personal greed...
    I myself wall, and collect walls; but i wouldn't do anything with someone's wall's or doujin without their permission.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    walls are usually to beautiful just to alter to make yours. I don't know much about making them myself.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think taking someones art and making profit off it without the artists knowlage is not cool at all. what happened to justice and peace? this disheartenes my respect for such people who actually make a go at gaining money off art.

Leagal ways of doing that should be practiced.

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, just to play devil's advocate here... but how do you know the wallers didn't steal the images and pass em off as their own? Assuming that the walls were stolen, you should place in scans of said stickers, and have the AO members here see for themselves. And if possible, stick up a manufacturer name, and let's let the original artists decide what to do about the theft?
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast