Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallpaper Contest Celebration

Newbie skillagez may be famous one day skillagez may be famous one day skillagez's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wallpaper Contest Celebration

those r good. What r scans? I mean how do u get the quality of the pic so good compared to avg. screenshots?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Scans are pictures; usually posters, video/DVD covers, or manga's, that are "scanned". Since print is usually between 200-600 dpi you can get a much better resolution.

HP Scanners

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skillagez
    those r good. What r scans? I mean how do u get the quality of the pic so good compared to avg. screenshots?
    There aren't a whole lot of places that you can go to to get scans without having to reach a certain level of involvment within the site. For hassle free scan leeching I would suggest this site, as they have large scans for many series and you don't have to be active in anything. http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/index.htm
    There are also scans located in the gallery here at AO, and some have already been extracted.

Newbie skillagez may be famous one day skillagez may be famous one day skillagez's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx 2 both of u. It just wouldn't seem like that technique would actually improve quality, but I guess it does then

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a matter of DPI (dots per inch). When a picture is printed or projected on screen it is done by dots/pixel. The more dpi the clearer and more detailed the picture. Screen captures at 567x414 is measured in pixels, total dots/pixel for the entire picture no matter what the size of the screen. So if your TV has a screen that is just 24" wide the dpi is less then 24 dpi. That is why on a computer screen with a 72 dpi resolution a screen capture only appears to be 7.87"x5.75".

Now correspond that with print that averages 200-600 dpi. That means a picture that is 8"x10" would have a corresponding total pixels of 1,600-4,800x2,000-10,000. since the best way to get a crisp picture is to size down and since even the largest walls are only 1,200x1,600 pixels you have alot more leeway to work with.

Thanks

Soundz right. so I should print out a screenshot large, then scan it in & crop it down?

on an unrelated question, I made my first sprite w/ the clickable link under my sig., how do I make the sig. itself the link so that you can see the sprite by clicking on my sig? does anyone know by chance?
    Last edited by skillagez; Sep 16, 2005 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skillagez
    Soundz right. so I should print out a screenshot large, then scan it in & crop it down?

on an unrelated question, I made my first sprite w/ the clickable link under my sig., how do I make the sig. itself the link so that you can see the sprite by clicking on my sig? does anyone know by chance?
    It won't print large, not without becoming fatally fuzzy. There's a reason that prints are made at 200-600dpi. Sizing up won't actually increase your printable dpi, just spread it out.

The best you can hope for is to get a screen capture where the image is large enough it can be used at size.
    Ex: Screen capture at size. Screen Capture sized up.

Notice the difference in clarity, and those were from high quality digital graphics. Depending on your video you may have other problems in quality.
    Ex: Three in one.

The forground is at size. The video quality wasn't the highest. As a result I had to repaint almost the entire picture to get rid of translucencies that show up as small X's. The background is the retouched picture sized up, even a lower opacity can't hide the fuzzyness. The bubbles however are all sized down. Notice how much clearer they are.

As for your unrelated question I believe the code is [ url= [ img ]picture url[ /img ][ /url ]. Just close the spaces.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I've decided not to enter in the contest... i've seen the entries so far and i have no chance... if i had the programs(photoshop) and skills to do what you guys do i would say "ok i'll try..." but me trying to hand draw something then scan it onto my comp. hoping it still looked good.... saying it ever would have to begin with... i have no chance... i have no entries in yet so nothing to pull out of the running, just wanted to say i'm out though.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast