Thread: Wallpaper Questions

Newbie Nexius44 may be famous one day Nexius44 may be famous one day Nexius44's Avatar
    Thanks

Wallpaper Questions

Hey there... Novice Wallpaper maker here and I had a few questions. Sort of like an interview. Anyone can answer, I want as many opinions as I can get.

1) Ive been lookin thru some of these wallpapers you guys/girls have made and you people are amazing at doing this. How long have most of you been making them?

2) Obviously you guys get an idea first of what you want your walls to look like. But where do you come up with the designs for the backround of your wallpaper. Do you make them yourself? Or do you find tutorials for different backrounds and such.

3) And, when its all together how do you take criticism? Obviously we all need to learn from our mistakes but, how do you take it in the end? Do you take one suggestion and work on that until you perfect it? Or do you take all at once and slowly work to perfect everything.

Thanks everyone! Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I started GFX design at 16 started on sigs and avies worked my way up to wallpapers. so I would say for wallpapers about 4 years

I make my BG probibly the first thing I make then I look to find a charater I use on the BG . then finish up with what ever I need to on the wall after the charater is on

I don't mind a few bashes here and there but repeatedly can be harsh on someone. I stopped GFX design because of this website I use to goto they give you the way they want to tell you how to do your walls but its all good ^_^

Newbie KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS's Avatar
    Thanks
    1.) since 2002 =P
    2.) for different backgrounds, I always try different methods, but before I decided to paint anything I prefer to do some wireframe sketching first
    3.) I try to consult the critique and suggestion experts when I'm doing my design... then after I am pleased with the overall result, I submit it. After that I ask them again for their opinion on it.. but I won't do any updates unless it's a very critical one
    that way, I can still have my significant portion in that work besides all the criticism that was given to me at first...

Newbie aznpwincess may be famous one day aznpwincess may be famous one day
    Thanks
    1. since 2002 (though i havent posted any here yet)
    2. I usually play around with layers and effects, and use colours to match the figure in the wallpaper. I also use different kinds of brushes, especially grungy effects.
    3. It depends on the critic. Some critics are very awkward, such as "your gfx sucks", which kinda ticks me off, but we work it out in the end. But I take other criticism ok, and if i see the critic has a good point i get to work and make myself better.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I started walling about 3 years back (i was 19 at the time) at deviantart....i only really made wallpapers based on movies back then...and over the months i started giving anime/game walls a shot.

To get a scheme/look for a wall....i start with the image first...observe it for a while...and think what would compliment it and thats where i get my theme/background from....

I embrace all comments, good or bad....seeing how some negative comments can help you..AS LONG as those negative comments are sufficent and give some sort of motivation and that those people don't take their harshness over the line.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    1) I started walling properly when I first joined the old AO, In April 2003. But I was walling for about 3 years prior to that, but I was only using Paint Shop Pro and didn't really know a thing at all. *Let's just say... no one has ever seen those walls from my early days... they are too bad*

2) Most of the time I just take an image I want to wall and just go nuts with brushs, the burn tool and maybe some effect here and there. I never use tutorials... and my style of walling is actually very different from a lot of wallers. For example the amount of layers I use is in the single digits.

3) I don't really get much critisim anymore, but usually when I get it I just take in my stride and learn from it, keep it in the back of my mind when I make my next wall. It used to upset me a little back when I started, but not it doesn't phrase me at all. Within reason of course.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"