Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: wallpapers

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    I'm already going to PM a mod about it
    you can report the rips to myself or any other staff member that is online
    Last edited by Sinistra; Aug 21, 2005 at 08:36 PM.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say though the humor in that this is coming from someone who just the other day pm'd me wanting to put up warez programs in the download section. You know pirated software stolen from companies, just like you know walls stolen from artists. Same thing different evil, can't hate one without hating both I mean c'mon.

But yes report them and it'll be taken care of. I still can't get that burst Angel site to pull up though still trying

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    A mod? They will come to me about it seeing as I am an Administrator of this site along with Dan and CyberGig1 if you have a problem with Rips you can take it up with the admins
    Wow... Well if that is the case then the FAQ needs to be re-worded...

Q: What should I do if I see a ripped wallpaper in the gallery?

A: Report it to Lord Katsuhito or GallComp IMMEDIATELY
    And I allways tought that was one of our duties, but well then the gallery is all yours...

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

just report any ripped walls to any staff member who is online. Theres no reason to report it to just one person if they aren't online

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    But yes report them and it'll be taken care of.
    There were a couple walls I've reported to you guys over the past couple months and there's been nothing done about either one heretofore. Here are the links to the two aforementioned rips, both of which originally came from Desktop Zero, as indicated by the signature in the bottom right hand corner:

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...rpage=16&cat=2

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...cat=500&page=1

And another rip I've come across:

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...2&cat=2&page=2

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

one thing that pissed me off was the fact that Rexxus even left the trademark and the everything on them. at least be smart enough to remove those...
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Thanks

well I'll bet the kid didn't even in his mind mean to "rip" it. Some people have a bit of an ignorant habit to think that a gallery is a place to upload walls they have. They literally dont understand what its really for, so they are basically innocent by reason of well just not knowing

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linx88
    i've been seeing a lotof copied wallpapers recently. i mean in general online. there's been a lot going on here but still, come on ppl. if you cant make a wall learn how to or just don't. dont go around stealing from others. a few that are copied off some one else were the recent Jo and Sei walls(i mean hell, you can even see the lisence and copy right things on the bottom and side of the two). they can be found on the official website at www.burstangels.com

but not only here but many other sites have been putting up walls that ppl say they made but its clearly from someone else.

seriously ppl. fess up and stop stealing others wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    I have to say though the humor in that this is coming from someone who just the other day pm'd me wanting to put up warez programs in the download section. You know pirated software stolen from companies, just like you know walls stolen from artists. Same thing different evil, can't hate one without hating both I mean c'mon.
    If you really want to be technical there shouldn't be any wallpapers posted for the anime category in the first place. The anime and all associated images unless drawn by the wallpaper designer (which still is a infringement on copyrighted material unless you happen to have created the anime as well) is a federal violation and punishable by 5-20 years in prison and several hundred thousand dollars in fines. Since all major countries are a part of the WTO and one of the stipulation for joining the WTO is the signing of an agreement to abide by the Intellectual Property laws of other members of the WTO. You can't claim any anime wallpaper as your own (which include peoples so called copyrighting it, which last I checked was more costly then as signature at the bottom and a ® or ©) as the images are already copyrighted. The only reason wallpaper designers aren't nailing people to the wall on this is really a few things weather the anime creators view it as promotion of their product, are unaware of it going on or don't feel it is worth their time/money to try to catch someone who really isn't doing anything to hurt their product. Personally I like the job the mods/admin are doing. They will catch up with the “rippers” soon enough and as long as you abide by the rules then you have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Aug 22, 2005 at 05:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast