Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Tell me, what is so bad at shopping at these stores. Is it because the prices are way cheaper, or the part that they have fake name brands. Everytime I tell someone I bought some shoes from Payless, they bust out laughing. What is so wrong???

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

From what I've seen, thee is nothing "bad" about them. I know a lot of people who are against such companies bacause of stupid reasons like cheap labor and what not. Too polotical for me, so I don't see the problem with the brands themselves. For some, they are conserned with the economy of our country, for others, it's just a reason for mindless ranting.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    Tell me, what is so bad at shopping at these stores. Is it because the prices are way cheaper, or the part that they have fake name brands. Everytime I tell someone I bought some shoes from Payless, they bust out laughing. What is so wrong???
    Cuz that's just how stupid people can be you know, you get made fun of because you are poor. As for Wal Mart and Target I dont really see the justification for laughing unless youre talking about clothing, because for all I know Wal Mart has the cheapest toilet paper a college student can afford.

But I do want to say this being someone who wore payless before and then "upgrade" to better named shoes (still made by the same group of cheap labor) that Payless really doesn't last. You'll probably end up buying three pairs to last as long as one Nike or Reebok, which might end up the same price

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    But I do want to say this being someone who wore payless before and then "upgrade" to better named shoes (still made by the same group of cheap labor) that Payless really doesn't last. You'll probably end up buying three pairs to last as long as one Nike or Reebok, which might end up the same price
    Quality over quantity is the best way to put it. This applies to where you shop and what you buy as well.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not exactly sure, (and to be honest I'm too lazy to look), but I hear Walmart has sketchy issues with who they hire aka they will give job to illegal immigrants or something. I dunno exactly what it was.

Anyways, in your case, its probably because when you think of Walmart you think of really cheap things that anyone can buy. Some people are really materialistic and figure the only thing that is worth buying is stuff thats extremely expensive or covered with brand logos.

I could careless where I buy stuff as long as I like it and its not overpriced. If Walmart/Payless had it, I'd go there.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

I've worn shoes from these stores, and I have to say that they don't last nearly as long as a pair of name brand shoes, because of the price: If the price is cheaper, then the quality of the shoes will be cheaper. And as for clothes from Wal-Mart and Target, that's where I buy most of my jeans, they're Levis, and they are very good quality. I don't see any problems with the clothes...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I dislike Target, but the rest of the stores are heaven. Most of my clothes come from walmart. I just dont see the reasoning in paying 20 dollars and up for a pair of pants I can get on the clearance rack for 11. XD
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1's Avatar
    Thanks

I love shopping at Wally World and Target. That is the place to go.

Heck I get most of my clothe there.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast