Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

In my area the same goes for Kmart. A widely used insult in junior high was "That's a nice K-mart bike you've got there" We also made fun of huffys.

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

well really walmart is ok but they don't pay the hispanic people that much. i heard this in the internet, that hispanic people cleans walmart but sometimes they don't pay or pay a little of money
    Last edited by name one; Aug 11, 2005 at 07:00 AM.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing. Me being a poor college student I buy almost everything from either Target or Wal-MART. I have nothing against either store. True I do buy some of my clothes elsewhere like American Eagle or PacSun and I do shop Best Buy alot too, but I'm not as close minded about buying things at Wal-Mart or Target, most of the time they are either food or appliances though.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

The only reason I limit my Tram-Law experience to buying pretty much only entertainment there is because none of the clothing appeals to me. That's pretty much it. They focus on the "omgz popular clothing style" (which, I admit, is logical) but I typically don't wear those... too revealing for me. Especially the shirts.

And I do shop at Payless. I don't know why everyone's up in a knot about Payless. Ya see, some of their shoes aren't Payless brand. =o I know, shocking. I just bought a pair of Airwalks there not too long ago, and it's where I got my work shoes (which lasted almost 2 and a half years... they're ripping at the seams now though, but considering how much I've worked... ^^; Pretty good - slip and oil resistant too!).

And there's no Target where I live, so I can't really give an opinion on that.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Newbie Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing is wrong about that... I think ppl laugh when they say "I got my shoe from payless" They think payless have crappy shoes and cheapo.. Kmart... ppl say that Kmart cheat you cuz when they say there is a SALE they raise the price so they cost the same

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I admit to being a consumer whore. The majority of my clothes are name brand, and a while ago at any given time my ensamble, from head to toe probably cost about $700 (CDN). Which I admit is sad, but usually when I buy clothes I go for quality and sometimes the more expensive jeans or what not do last longer.

I don't shop at Walmart or Zellers (The Canadian version of Walmart) for clothing because the clothes they sell there are TACKY. It has nothing to do with them being non name brand, because most of their clothing are name brand somewhat, just brands nobody has ever heard of. But yeah, the clothes they sell there, it's all wannabe stuff. And what I mean about wannabe stuff is, they purposely make clothing that looks like certian styles. Like for instance the "Geek emo" look, with the blouse and a tshirt on top with the blouse collar sticking out you can buy a shirt with that look. I mean, how lame can you get? If I wanted to dress like that I would not go buy some premade look shirt. And same with last year when the punk look was in, they sold shirts with buttons and pyramid clips, and fake bondage pants. And honestly, it's just kind of sad because it's just way to tacky.

As for Payless Shoes, the ones in Canada at least sell name brand shoes like Airwalk and rebock, and such. So there is the odd time I do buy my shoes at Payless.

As for Walmart's other departments I do buy a lot of DVD's from there because they have cheap prices, but I hate Walmart and they are evil. EVIL!
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    I admit to being a consumer whore. The majority of my clothes are name brand, and a while ago at any given time my ensamble, from head to toe probably cost about $700 (CDN). Which I admit is sad, but usually when I buy clothes I go for quality and sometimes the more expensive jeans or what not do last longer.

I don't shop at Walmart or Zellers (The Canadian version of Walmart) for clothing because the clothes they sell there are TACKY. It has nothing to do with them being non name brand, because most of their clothing are name brand somewhat, just brands nobody has ever heard of. But yeah, the clothes they sell there, it's all wannabe stuff. And what I mean about wannabe stuff is, they purposely make clothing that looks like certian styles. Like for instance the "Geek emo" look, with the blouse and a tshirt on top with the blouse collar sticking out you can buy a shirt with that look. I mean, how lame can you get? If I wanted to dress like that I would not go buy some premade look shirt. And same with last year when the punk look was in, they sold shirts with buttons and pyramid clips, and fake bondage pants. And honestly, it's just kind of sad because it's just way to tacky.

As for Payless Shoes, the ones in Canada at least sell name brand shoes like Airwalk and rebock, and such. So there is the odd time I do buy my shoes at Payless.

As for Walmart's other departments I do buy a lot of DVD's from there because they have cheap prices, but I hate Walmart and they are evil. EVIL!
    WTh? $700? Dam buying presents for you must suck? jk jk

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    WTh? $700? Dam buying presents for you must suck? jk jk
    Well you know I might have been wearing this (Winter time):
    Socks: $5.00
    Underpants: $8.00
    Bra: $30.00
    Doc Martian Boots: $160.00
    Silver Jeans: $80.00
    Nintento T-shirt: $30.00
    Pink Floyd Hoodie: $40.00
    Thinsulite Gloves: $20.00
    Hat: $15.00

And then the killer
    Roxy Snowboarding winter jacket: $300.00

all adds up to = $688.00 Give or take and plus all our tax.

I mean I could get all the cheap knocks offs at Walmart and it would only cost me 100 bucks max, but it would all fall part in like 2 days :P
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast