Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    Tell me, what is so bad at shopping at these stores. Is it because the prices are way cheaper, or the part that they have fake name brands. Everytime I tell someone I bought some shoes from Payless, they bust out laughing. What is so wrong???
    At payless it all depends on how much you spent. 90% of their inventory is poorly made and if you wear it everyday will either give you blisters, put your back out, or just fall apart. The other 10% is medium quality and if your willing to pay $20 to $50 you can get some good stuff there.

Target, KMart, I have no problem with them other then lousy customer service (assuming I can even find an associate),

Walmart though....it's had problems ever since Sam Walton lost controling interest (may he rest in peace). My biggest problem with Walmart isn't the discrimination in pay for women, or the fact that they knowingly made a habit of hiring illegal immagrants, or the number of managers they have that lie and steal from the companies that they buy their products from, it's what they have done to the industry in general.

Normally a production company makes a product, sets their profit margin, and then sells it at that (wholesale) to the retailers. Walmart has gotten so big that they have started informing the wholesalers what pricethey are willing to pay and since they own a significant amount of the market the wholesaler is forced to comply or lose most of their market. The amount they require is often so small though that manufacturers are forced to either cheapen the quality of their product or go out of bussiness. Some, once their contract has expired, has actually chosen to cut their previous output to 30% rather then deal with Walmart so they can deliver a quality product.

Ok, I take it back. The others are just as big of problems. As a company they are generally unethical. I have relatives who work for one of their largest profiting stores and I have watched as all of the above has happened, repeatedly. They even promoted the manager with the lowest employee satistaction rating ever, company wide...to a position training new managers.

All that said. If someone laughs because of where you bought your clothes they are being small minded/snobbish and aren't worth your time. Personally I buy my clothes from the sales racks and 2nd hand stores. I like the prices and the styles alot better. Except for something like a heavy coat when I was living in the interior (BC), or my work/exercise shoes. Quality is everthing in those cases.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl's Avatar
    Thanks

And this guy said that Walmart is a Cheap Sape

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    All that said. If someone laughs because of where you bought your clothes they are being small minded/snobbish and aren't worth your time.
    Precisely. If your clothed then that's all that matters.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Precisely. If your clothed then that's all that matters.
    Yeah, but some have to have the latest most expensive crap.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Yeah, but some have to have the latest most expensive crap.
    Those are the people who thrive off of attention. If they really wanted the most expensive clothing out there, then they wouldn't want to go to Wal-Mart or Payless. I'm that way about electronics rather than clothes. I only buy the best of everything. That's why what little I have costs a $&%@#&$ fortune. for that I go to Best Buy, but for clothes I'd venture to guess the mall would be the place to go, not Wal-Mart.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    Those are the people who thrive off of attention. If they really wanted the most expensive clothing out there, then they wouldn't want to go to Wal-Mart or Payless. I'm that way about electronics rather than clothes. I only buy the best of everything. That's why what little I have costs a $&%@#&$ fortune. for that I go to Best Buy, but for clothes I'd venture to guess the mall would be the place to go, not Wal-Mart.
    I didnt say they shoped at walmart. I was refering to narrators comment. He said all that matters is that your clothed, and i said to some ppl that isnt enough. They need the most expensive and latest crap. So that why some make fun of walmart.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care what people wear as long as it covers more than 50% of their body. I don't care where they shop to get it, I don't make fun of anyone, it just retarded. Since going to University a lot of my shirts I wear now I have gotten from thrift stores and the jeans I wear now are expensive ones I had from highschool (When I was superficial) So yeah, the majority of my pants now have holes in them, but I can't afford to buy new ones.

The reason I refuse to buy clothes from Walmart is not because it's cheap or because it's not CK jeans. The reason is because I don't want retarded tacky jeans with imprints of butterflies all over them or sparkles. Which is all the walmarts around here sell. Like I said before, they sell tacky knock off fad clothing which I find a bit retarded. And then the adult pants I can't wear because the cuffs around the ankles are so tight I feel like I am wearing MC Hammer pants. O__o

And well as for Zellers, if I wanted to promote Hilary Duffs clothing line, well... Yeah, no, it's just wrong...

And for the record, I don't find Walmart particularly cheap at all. So could someone please explain to me how expensive the stuff where you live is exactly, because I find Walmart where I live a bit on the expensive side.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Newbie Ooklah may be famous one day Ooklah may be famous one day
    Thanks

it really all depends on how you view their policies - walmart using cheap outsourced labor, driving the mom and pop stores out of business... that sort of stuff.

I buy most of my stuff from walmart just cause it's cheap and in college and i'm poor.

btw - how long to rebok shoes and niki shoes really last anyway? And how far ground down are we talking? I will wear my $15 walmart shoes till I wear away the entire sole. that'll be 8 -10 plus months.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast