Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Walmart, Payless, Target, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    I don't care what people wear as long as it covers more than 50% of their body.
    And you live in Canada?!

And for the record, I don't find Walmart particularly cheap at all. So could someone please explain to me how expensive the stuff where you live is exactly, because I find Walmart where I live a bit on the expensive side.
    Clothes wise cheap doesn't begin to describe them. Jeans on the average run about $15, shirts about $10, and if you wait for the clearance racks anything can be gotten for $3. Quality also suffers in a big way. If you take a pair of jeans from Wal-mart and one from a different store of the same brand you can actually feel the difference in the thickness of the material. The manufacturers have started making a cheaper quality fabric for their clothes that go to Wal-mart in order to make their costs. They're even making pants out of broadcloth these days (and if you know what that means you must sew).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Clothes at Walmart here are about $20-$30 dollars, so no its not really that cheap. I guess that's why there aren't that many Walmarts here (at least in Toronto) since the clothes are about the same price as decent clothing stores.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I've heard their having trouble moving into Canada for just that reason. Breaks my heart.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Karsuto may be famous one day Karsuto may be famous one day
    Thanks

I see nonthing bad about the stores. They are different in their own ways.

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont like those stores much because they have little selection of anime titles, most of the anime DVD's they have are just some of the shows that appear on cartoon network and other "kid friendly" anime.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Clothes wise cheap doesn't begin to describe them. Jeans on the average run about $15, shirts about $10, and if you wait for the clearance racks anything can be gotten for $3. Quality also suffers in a big way. If you take a pair of jeans from Wal-mart and one from a different store of the same brand you can actually feel the difference in the thickness of the material. The manufacturers have started making a cheaper quality fabric for their clothes that go to Wal-mart in order to make their costs. They're even making pants out of broadcloth these days (and if you know what that means you must sew).
    Okay, it all makes sense now. With what you've said, it's impossible to compare the American Walmart with the Canadian one. It's no wonder I'm so confused.
    Jeans at the Walmarts here, like MoonUnit said average from like $30-$50 bucks.
    Same with shirts and stuff, they average $15-$30 bucks. And the shoes average $30-$80 bucks. And toys and DVD's and CD's and video games, while they aren't too bad they are no more or less cheaper than anywhere else.

I mean the way you're describing (American) Walmarts and their prices remind me of BiWay. Which sold bad quality dirt cheap stuff, and refurbished electronics.

The problem with the Walmart here is that they sell crappy clothes for the same price as the good quality non tacky name brand clothes. Unless you chose to shop in those pretentious "Indie" stores that sell plain white t-shirts for $150 bucks. And everything else is so expensive that you'd have to sell a kidney to afford anything. Whenever I visit Toronto there is this store I love and the clothes are so nice and really sweet looking, but everything is like $150 bucks plus and I usually leave the store in tears because it pains me to even look at the price tags.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

What store is that, Mei?

I bet its on Queen St. West.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, it all makes sense now. With what you've said, it's impossible to compare the American Walmart with the Canadian one. It's no wonder I'm so confused.
    Jeans at the Walmarts here, like MoonUnit said average from like $30-$50 bucks.
    Same with shirts and stuff, they average $15-$30 bucks. And the shoes average $30-$80 bucks. And toys and DVD's and CD's and video games, while they aren't too bad they are no more or less cheaper than anywhere else.

I mean the way you're describing (American) Walmarts and their prices remind me of BiWay. Which sold bad quality dirt cheap stuff, and refurbished electronics.

The problem with the Walmart here is that they sell crappy clothes for the same price as the good quality non tacky name brand clothes. Unless you chose to shop in those pretentious "Indie" stores that sell plain white t-shirts for $150 bucks. And everything else is so expensive that you'd have to sell a kidney to afford anything. Whenever I visit Toronto there is this store I love and the clothes are so nice and really sweet looking, but everything is like $150 bucks plus and I usually leave the store in tears because it pains me to even look at the price tags.

I bet it cost more to operate walmart in canada, so their passing the cost on to the merchandise to cover the loss.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast