Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: War of the Worlds

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

War of the Worlds

I just got back from seeing it and I really enjoyed it, I wont ruin anything for those who may not have watched the original but I definately thought Spielberg did a wonderful job. The story moved by so quick, it was one scene to the next, nonstop action. The special effects were top notch of course as well, I think if there is any movie you'd enjoy this summer it'd be Batman Begins 1st, but this a close second.

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: War of the Worlds

Wow...cool man. I'm going to watch it tomorrow after work, thanks for the heads up about the movie being good.

How long was the movie anyways, did it have good special effects?

I love the book, I hope that this movie is great too.

Let you know my reaction to the movie as soon as I see it!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

From reviews I've read, it's just revolved around Cruise the entire time, I also read in the paper that the alien's fingers looked "remarkably like those in the movie E.T., a movie Speilburg made 25 years ago." That's just kinda funny to me.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the movie was right around 2 hours long and yes the special effects were top notch. When you first see the alien ships its just good old scifi craziness.

And yes you wuold be correct the story basically follows Cruise and his family the whole time. From about 10 minutes in its a nonstop actioner though.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I felt cheated, you could tell the movie was rushed

*possible spoilers*

the biggest badest weapons of the military are engaged with aliens and I dont' get to F@## see it??? I mean this is a summer blockbuster! I dont wanna see the back of the tank and Tom Cruise argueing with his kid that he can't stay and fight. I'm with some of the critics for once, you can tell it was rushed, and to hide the fact they didn't have time to do the special effects they just "eluded" to what was going on rather than showing it. The movie started really strong and then it just dropped me into boredom. The whole part with the in them basement towards the end just drug on and on. It really just killed the pace of the movie. And yes it just was about Tom and how he goes from being a horrible father to suddenly being super dad. Nevermind that millions of people are dieing around the world, lets not see any of that, lets just see Tom try to hide his little girls eyes from the fact the world is ending. Not like she was already traumatized by seeing half a city float down the river I had high hopes for the movie and I feel ripped. I mean it makes me look forward to Fantastic 4 :lol: bring on "Stealth" I need some action where I see the action and not someone talking about it. WotW's had its moments, but overall it just wasn't what most would have hoped

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

Spoilers...

You bring up an interesting argument, I agree, you didnt get to see massive war which would have been cool even if only for a few clips, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Aside from Batman and Star Wars there really hasnt been much else out to enjoy, rushed or not. But that doesnt make up for it being rushed I know. The ending was all the sudden though. Oh well I guess the scifi nerd in me won out in the end though because I still liked it....

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that only Spielberg could have pulled this movie. I mean the movie was excellent, although if u havent read the novel or seen the original, the ending will dissapoint u (heck when the movie ended almost half the theater screamed what??, thats it?) The effects were trully amazing and the story telling was greatly done.

What might turn ppl away from the movie is that, like previously mentioned, the movie isnt about the end of the world or the actual war, its about a man trying to save his kids with the story of the aliens invading happening in the background.

And yes, the movie feels rushed, specially after basement scenes with Tim Robbins

Overall the movie is worthwhile. If u dont expect it to be an action movie and be ready for the ending I thnk ull enjoy it.
    Evil is actually in my job description

Newbie checo may be famous one day checo may be famous one day
    Thanks

it was a good movie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast