Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: War and your opinion

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the topic is referring to large-scale war that are historically concerned to everyone. Not just the religious wars, environmental and animal protect wars. The Cold War is the only war I consider historically up there in social sense. But you do have a point.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I was hoping someone would get the hint. I don't blame germany though, I blame everyone else. Funny how america tries to stop communism, when they co-assisted one of the most powerful ones in history. Let's just hope we don't make the same mistakes ever again.
    That makes two of us. WWII was inevitable with how they were treated, unfortunatly the Nutzi made it that much worse.

I would say that the US learned from the mistake based on what happened in Japan after WWII. As for the rest of the world....who knows. I understand the policies used to rebuild Japan are being used in Afghanistan and Iraq today. If they manage to rebuild in-spite of everyone who hates them it will be wonderful thing to see.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'm of the opinion that there is only one type of good war:
    cold wars.

people thrive on conflict, and there's nothing wrong with that, so long as nobody's dying. Is good progress made because of wars? yes. but it doesn't need to involve killing. Cold wars are excellent because, economically and technologically, it's just as good if not better than a 'real' war is for all countries involved.

Yes, defense is a justifiable reason to fight, but we should try and think of a peaceful resolution first if at all possible

Newbie Fate may be famous one day Fate may be famous one day Fate's Avatar
    Thanks
    yes but you see... solders in waiting tend to get a bit how do you say.... bored. they will do stupid shit with all the big toys that the government has given them, there will be more training accidents.... and just deaths that do not need to happen. If you remember the cold war its true we didnt shoot at russians directly, but we did have a number of wars and conflicts to halt communism..... so the cold war didnt go without war, just not with the russians.
    Peace is what you make of it.

Death before Dishonor
    Never Dis-Loyal
    Brothers Till the End

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTigerFour
    I'm of the opinion that there is only one type of good war:
    cold wars.

people thrive on conflict, and there's nothing wrong with that, so long as nobody's dying. Is good progress made because of wars? yes. but it doesn't need to involve killing. Cold wars are excellent because, economically and technologically, it's just as good if not better than a 'real' war is for all countries involved.

Yes, defense is a justifiable reason to fight, but we should try and think of a peaceful resolution first if at all possible
    Idealistic and unrealistic. If your defending yourself it means you have already been attacked. If the other side is not justified why would they want to talk to you. They have everything to gain and you have everything to lose. Negotiations done from a position of weakness are doomed to failure. That is why we had a cold war. Because of the US's strength the USSR was forced to negotiate. But, as Fate mentioned, that doesn't mean people didn't die. Just less people to determine the fate of larger numbers.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Idealistic and unrealistic. If your defending yourself it means you have already been attacked. If the other side is not justified why would they want to talk to you. They have everything to gain and you have everything to lose. Negotiations done from a position of weakness are doomed to failure. That is why we had a cold war. Because of the US's strength the USSR was forced to negotiate. But, as Fate mentioned, that doesn't mean people didn't die. Just less people to determine the fate of larger numbers.
    Summed it up quite nicely Arri. The cold war....even though not as "At your doorstep" as all the other wars was no better.....it still did ALOT of bad inbetween countries. Stuff we're trying to shake off by the way

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I must agree, cold wars are can be just as painful as "hot" wars if you will, and has casualities along with it. If anything they can be worse, the U.S. and U.S.S.R. battled out their cold war for, almost 50 years?

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm a hippie and I totally oppose war unless its totally nessecary with no chance nonviolent negotiation and if they strike first I just hope we could actually live in peace for a while..jeez war is so blood thirsty and power hungry...I crave peace and change
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast