Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The way of a Warrior!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The way of a Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Hello Honored members of AO,

I have a few quick and simple questions, so I will get right to it. Here they are:

1) What do you think, in your opinion, should be the ways of a warrior? I mean, what qualities/abilities should he/she should possess, and what types of principles should he/she hold on to, in order to be called as a true warrior?

2) If you could be a warrior, whom would you be? And, why?

Express your thoughts!
    O_O for a long time.. I believed very strongly in the samurai spirit... but I realized the way I was raised couldn't possibly agree with it completely...

I've read several books on it... and meditated upon it...

But I didn't want to completely accept it.

The way of a warrior... the way of the samurai, the way of bushido... that is the way of a warrior that I'm speaking of...
    There are several ways of several warriors... but I believed strongly in the way of bushido.... absolute loyalty... absolute respect...

-_- The traits were amazing... so much respect... to everyone, including the enemy.
    So much loyalty to the one they served, even after death...
    Having honor as your only reward (and a few bags of rice and sake... or if you're corrupt: whatever you pillaged in the nearest town) ...

-u- That was something I liked... something I deeply and truly respected...
    -_- But not one that I follow!

As for me, the way of being a warrior, is being like that of a fox! Foxes are no warriors, yet we are not servants either. We are no commoners, and we are no stranger! We give honor and respect to those who are strong, we follow and protect them... but when given the choice of dying for our master, we deny it. We then, are considered demons afterwards.
    We do not die for the one we serve. We live for the one we serve!
    When a previous master falls, we seek anew... and respect the previous...
    We learn very quickly. Our cunning almost matches of those who are scholars in a heavenly realm! ...we hide behind masks, not because we are ashamed, but to trick, but to test. We honor the choice of good. We honor the choice of evil. And we honor the "no path taken"...

...but the choice we most respect, is the choice of balance.
    Do not serve good, do not serve evil, do not serve no one, and do not serve yourself.
    Create a choice, that is what we do. That is what we follow. Creating a new path, creating new choices. We live and never die, for what we have changed live on forever. We do, in fact, live for ourselves... we will defend our lives to the most bitter of battles, but we play for others. Fight for ourselves... mischief, trickery, deceit, and playfulness for others.

^__^ I've had that thought since about 5 years ago...

What kind of warrior?

It doesn't matter. Kitsune take any shape best suited for the situation...
    we don't see ourselves as warriors, we see ourselves as ourselves.
    ^__^ Kitsune, trained only by me! ...only a handful of selected students. Heehee.

Newbie forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah what kind of warrior?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forthe<3ofme
    yeah what kind of warrior?
    ._. Well... I suppose...
    ..... the "me" kind of warrior... XD

^_^ I train in kitsune (I'm only saying this now, because I know people won't read it later) ... a style that I made up in secret... So, I'd rather be "me" as a warrior... I'm no samurai... I'm no ninja (but I'm closer to one) ... I'm no army-man... no marine-man... no navy-man... I'm "me"... no matter what I become, I'll just say "I'm me."... because no matter what style I take, it's still me fighting it my way. ^.^

Newbie forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme may be famous one day forthe<3ofme's Avatar
    Thanks

i train myself, in a different sense. i givemyself endurance tests and such, but im not a WARRIOR

unless karate is considered such

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forthe<3ofme
    i train myself, in a different sense. i givemyself endurance tests and such, but im not a WARRIOR

unless karate is considered such
    Well... then you'd be a warrior in Karate... O_o
    If that's the way you'll fight until the end, or to create infinity, that is a warrior...
    If you don't see yourself as much of a fighter, then you're not really a warrior...

But then again, everyone fights the same way they live, at least, that's how I see it...

The way one moves with agility and grace... shows agility and grace in one's life... the way one moves with power and confidence... shows power and confidence in one's life...

^_^... I might make that into a topic soon....... but not yet....

Thanks

hah you should!

Otaku Nioko may be famous one day Nioko may be famous one day Nioko's Avatar
    Thanks

A true warrior always respects woman, children, and elders. He or she would always protect his loved ones from all harm that they will encounter. He or she would always respect life and death of not just his friends, but the enemies as well.

If I could be a warrior, I would like to be a sexy female shinobi.

What some of my love potion, O sweet Kedar?

Newbie Sunk_and_Drunk may be famous one day Sunk_and_Drunk may be famous one day Sunk_and_Drunk's Avatar
    Thanks

A warrior lives by these values:

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage

I want to be the kind of warrior that rises when called and pushes harder when times are tougher.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast