Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We have come to terms

Newbie Ronin//.Hack may be famous one day Ronin//.Hack may be famous one day Ronin//.Hack's Avatar
    Thanks
    -----SPOILER WATCH---------

Sorry I just felt that it really wasnt a spoiler, I didn't give away what the ending is and an interpretation of that I just gave an explanation of a specific occurance near the end with out going into much depth.

Now if we were to move this over to Spoiler Chat then I may give a whole explination of what happened and my interpretations, but for right now I am leaving it at this.

For your own answers you can just watch the series again and make connections themselves.

But I apoligize I had a spoiler in my previous post w/o warning because i felt it didn't truly count as a spoiler, My Bad.

RH

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks
    I will move this thread over to a Spoiler chat, although I don't think it to be necessary. It will be called We have come to terms.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Merging to new Spoiler thread... (Though you can always ask a mod to move the thread for you...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero
    We have come to terms. Paradine City a city with no memories. What is up with that tomato thing any way? The story line of Big O gets kind of confusing toward the end. Like when Gabriel (the guy in the pin stripe suit) is in the megaduse and it flys up toward the sky and crashes in to what looks like a metal ceiling.
    You know what? For once in my life, I'm totally baffled after watching what I consider a decent anime. Usually if something confuses me this much, I'll just say someobdy was trying too hard to make a convoluted plot, failed, and that the show is just stupid (::cough::petitecossette::cough::). But not in the case of Big-O.

First of all, the main theme. It seemed to me that the main discussion topic of the show has something to do with our memories and how they control us and shape us as human beings. Now, where all this "world is a stage" stuff comes in at the end, I have no idea. It seems like, in the end, reality just falls all to hell, and then gets re-started.

The show tends to show us a lot of weird stuff. Like, for instance, they seemd to want you to think that Roger was some kind of clone... that he was one of those small bald children with the barcodes tatooed on them. And that the person who made and cultivated those clones were Old Man Rosewater at the tomato farm there. So if you're wondering where the tomato imagery comes from, it goes something like this: Rosewater Senior (I can't remember the old guy's name) thinks of his crop of tomatos and his "crop" of clones in the same way. And it seemed that there were other clones... like Alex Rosewater, I think, was one.

Now, what was up with Angel? And... well, hell, everything that happened in the end there? Why did Angel end up with this crazy Megadeuce that seemed to erase all of existance and turn it into a giant soundstage?

This reminds me... I need to go find and read a FAQ about Big O. There's too many questions...

(And Dorothy is awesome)

New Note:
    Okay! Don't search for "Big O" in Google or anything. You'll get a bunch of stuff about orgasms.

Whee...
    Last edited by Darlos; Apr 05, 2005 at 05:36 PM.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you don't mind the spoilers, try this link...
    http://www.freewebs.com/seebach/

One of the reasons for the 'Strange' ending of the second season, is that Cartoon Network had the OPTION with Sunrise Studio (which they decided to let expire) for a third 26 episode season of the 'Big O', so they had a ending that could be further extended...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Ronin//.Hack may be famous one day Ronin//.Hack may be famous one day Ronin//.Hack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata

One of the reasons for the 'Strange' ending of the second season, is that Cartoon Network had the OPTION with Sunrise Studio (which they decided to let expire) for a third 26 episode season of the 'Big O', so they had a ending that could be further extended...
    Ahh a never ending story type thing...... I guess the characters always had a specific role they played, all it takes is just a different part,

Now here is a thing I noticed,

aside from certian things that follow the overall storyline, how constant is this amnesia, why does Roger always explain the three facts every time, Paradigm City of Amnesia, event 40 years ago, Negotiator, aside from those things dealing with each cahacter stick, Datsuns Movie Memory, Dorothy's Piano, Norman's Engineering, Beck's Kidnapping, Angel and her whole mess(one main character who's story is hidden till the end.

I don't klnow Im'm just on a little rant to get some things off my mind.

RH

"Once the number three, being the third number be reached,
    then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade towards thy foe, who, being
    naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
    Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch -- Monty Python

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks
    The truth must be revelled. I always thought that I missed something from Big O. Maybe an episode or something about the storyline. When it ended I could not figure out the truth. I spent a whole night awake trying to figure it out. Still the ending has me confused. I am going to watch them over again and try to find the truth.

Thanks
    Thats always the thing I have found to work, If you don't get it watch it again,....

{NOTE: this is only to be used with good movies and other quality entertainment. Not based off of why this ever was created and what people would ever like it....IE clear beer, wifi portopotty etc.)http://news.com.com/html/ne/msft_pop.html

RH,

swe3 count down: 42 days and countin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast