Thread: Web 2.0 and you

Newbie Grayle may be famous one day Grayle may be famous one day Grayle's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Web 2.0 and you

well all the media hype about Web 2.0 is probably off target anyway (as they always do). firstly is "Podcast" which had very little to do with iPods to begin with... *shrug* well let me clarify things for you a little...

Web 2.0 is version two of websites as we know them today. among the more famous websites getting a facelift is Yahoo and BBC. most of you would recognize the new tech which would stamp 2.0: AJAX (ability to load content without changing the page), and presence of the RSS feeds (eases web traffic for specialized content channels).

if u've had a feel of many web 2.0 sites, well let me term it correctly. i'm placing this in a few forums so i can get a nicer wording but i've settled for this personally: Web 2.0, the next generation of websites that concentrate of faster propogation of data; also focuses on mobility and automation.

discuss below the accuracy of this statement, and how web 2.0 works for you. as an extra topic: are forums web 2.0? how can we MAKE them web 2.0?

Newbie sutabi may be famous one day sutabi may be famous one day sutabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Web 2.0 and you

javascript's xmlhttp and iframes have been around for a while, So web 2.0 is is basicly dependent on these features is nothing new, other then a hype. There are so many discussion on this, and yes web 2, means a more streamless effort is getting what you want whenever you want.

The problem with making forums streamless is that its unorganized data. You can rss, xmlhttp all you want and still have a hard time streamlessly finding what you one on these forums. Its no different from using a search engine as Google.