Thread: Website wizards

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks

Website wizards

I'm new at making webpages for a new website and I am far from done. I wanted to know if anyone knows any web development "wizards", helpers, or kits out there to help me with the development of my website's webpages faster and better.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Unhappy Faster? - Yes. Better? - No.

There is a ton of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) html editors out there. Dreamweaver and Frontpage being two of the most well known - I say "well known" because saying they are "two of the best" is a matter of opinion. If a faster creation speed is what you are looking for than either one of these will do. They allow you to place text, links, pictures, etc. on the page similiar to a Word document only they write the HTML source for it.

However, there is no way to use a WYSIWYG editor to produce "better" coded pages. Often times the HTML written by such editors is so sloppy and overcomplicated that even the original page creator will have a heard time figuring out the source code. This extra code also will often break easier, showing up in one browser correctly, but crashing another. Also, overall page manipulation is far easier to do by hand code, and much more powerful.

My suggestion to you is that if you want to make you website's pages faster AND better is to learn HTML, get a syntax highlighting HTML editor, and hand code everything. Either Dreamweaver or Frontpage serve as good syntax highlighters, but there are other programs out there that are for free. Just check www.downloads.com and search for "HTML editor".

A few links for learning webpage coding:
    CSS makes webpage formatting a piece of cake. If you're going to learn HTML, learn CSS as well. It also makes the overall site presentation a lot better:
    http://www.quirksmode.org/ - good CSS examples
    If you have any other questions let me know. I'm always lurking around the forums somewhere
    Last edited by Blaz; Nov 14, 2004 at 10:50 PM.

Newbie sword may be famous one day sword may be famous one day sword's Avatar
    Thanks
    well..for most of my coding i use dreamweaver MX but for little stuff notepad proves adequate.

Newbie Vampire Girl17 may be famous one day Vampire Girl17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmccormick
    I'm new at making webpages for a new website and I am far from done. I wanted to know if anyone knows any web development "wizards", helpers, or kits out there to help me with the development of my website's webpages faster and better.
    dude just be careful when you let others help you try not to give them too much power our they'll destroy your wed site. I just had to restart my wed thanks to an idiot who messed it up

Darkside Anime

Join the Family