Thread: Weeds

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Weeds

The Showtime Series that is.

The one where this Upper-Middle Class Mother who has to sell weed to support her family (Folks it hurts me to say it). But hey, she's got quite a knack for it the way she hustles it around the suburbs where she lives. All the while keeping it on the down-low from the cops and her best friend who is president of the PTA.

Think of a Trailer Park Boys Mixed with Desperate Housewives.

I'll be honest, This series is pretty good from where things have left off from Season One. With that said I need to know who's seen it. Must discuss now.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weeds

I've just recently seen the first few episodes. I don't get Showtime, WB, UPN, HBO or any of those american channels that show the good shows where I live so I have to rely on Bittorrent to get a lot of TV shows.

So I downloaded the few episodes of Weeds and watched it and was pleasantly surprised. The main character is a very likable person and the kind of mother I wish I had. It has an original but believable plot to say the least. But I totally agree with your description of it when you say Trailer Park Boys/Desperate Housewives.

Even the youngest son is likable and I generally hate TV shows with main characters who are dumb little kids, but this kid is just down right evil and creative.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Thanks

It Escalades Alot during the last 4 Episodes. I can't wait for season two.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

How many episodes are in the first season?

What I like about this show is it can be enjoyed by pot heads or people who don't like pot, since it doesn't shove an anti-pot or a pro-pot argument into your face. It's just is what it is.

They could have made the show into one big legalize pot commercial or one big war on drugs pot is bad commercial, but they didn't and I am glad I am getting sick of seeing it on TV shows. Teens smoke pot and OMG they start acting like they are on crack and PCP's while being drunk 5 times over the legal limit and end up doing a really bad thing. That is not reality that is not what a person on pot acts like unless they smoked it laced with PCP's, coke while being drunk.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Thanks

There are 10 episodes in the season.

It's starting to get darker and more real. More into the darker side of pot dealing.

I do love the clash of cultures in this series too.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Mei, this is on Showcase now, season 1.

I'm probably going to end up downloading it, since I've missed most of the episodes already.