Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I myself have never wanted to go on a diet, because I've always loved myself for who I am. I was raised in a household as an only child, with my mother and grandmother. At this moment, I'm 122 lbs. // 5'5 . They know how to eat right and are completly healthly, so naturaly, I'm a health freak, and my mom had taught me a lot about nutrition. I hate fast-food, it just gives me headaches mostly. It's one thing to eat right, but starve yourself ? All this "low-carb" bullshit pisses me off, and how superfical America has become. I know obesity turns into a health issue, but it's gone over the edge. I hate the US....
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    I myself have never wanted to go on a diet, because I've always loved myself for who I am. I was raised in a household as an only child, with my mother and grandmother. At this moment, I'm 122 lbs. // 5'5 . They know how to eat right and are completly healthly, so naturaly, I'm a health freak, and my mom had taught me a lot about nutrition. I hate fast-food, it just gives me headaches mostly. It's one thing to eat right, but starve yourself ? All this "low-carb" bullshit pisses me off, and how superfical America has become. I know obesity turns into a health issue, but it's gone over the edge. I hate the US....
    No, you don't hate the US, you hate the media(who began this) in general, and media exists everywhere. Also, you speak as if low carb was a bad thing.

Kasai, I know that you can still lose weight on Mcdonalds, but most of what they serve isn't healty nor useful in the long run.

Ragnaror0x, you may have a high metabolism seeing as you gain only a little weight. That, or you have a balanced diet.

Nightwish, we can't help what people think of themselves, it's their choice to be whatever weight they want to. What I will say though, is that our desire to be thin is driven by media.

Bluetigerfour, love is love whether thin or big. The way you describe some love being based on looks isn't really called love. Most people lose weight because they want to make themselves happy before making others happy, a thing of self-fulfillment, that's the key. Also, media existed even before televsions and such. When people would paint a woman, it isnt a big woman, it's a thin beautiful woman. Even older newspapers show women that look good and thin, and ads use them as examples. So yes, media always existed, just in different forms, ways, and patterns, to evovle into the love/hate thing we have today.

Jaderabbit, do yourself a favor, read the back of a cheetos bag and see what minerals they contain, then look those contents up, you'll be surprised as to where some of those come from. Also, it's weird that I said all that and the only thing you responded to was how I said cheetos aren't healthy.
    Last edited by False Truth; Dec 24, 2004 at 03:24 AM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    get real people, if you eat less you live longer and healthier, and controlling your diet makes you a better person and will enjoy life better

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominion<lain>
    get real people, if you eat less you live longer and healthier, and controlling your diet makes you a better person and will enjoy life better

You did read this whole thread right? Also, you're saying that big people can't enjoy life too?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    yea thats what I meant, 'big' people will have some ''issues' in their lives.
    its about controlling your need. if you start with controlling what you eat, after that you will go further with controlling other needs.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not all "big people" have issues. I know a lot of big people who are the happiest people in the world. Sure some people are emotional eaters, but not all of them are. Oh... and thin people don't have issues?

Everyone has issues... not matter what size they are. We are all human.

Also, what about people who are overweight due to medical conditions?
    One of the sterotypes I hate more than anything is the assumption that all overwieght people eat too much crap, don't exercise and are lazy.
    That is SO NOT true.

I'm overwieght myself, I admit that. I weigh about 90 and I'm about 5'5 (kilograms that is people... have no idea how many lbs I would be)
    I have a medical condition that makes me big. I can't help it, I've tried losing weight but I've been told by my doctor that it's going to be really really hard, nearly impossible to do it. So I've spent the last two years or so trying to expect my body for what it is... and it's hard when so many people make assumptions on me because of my weight. I hate being looked at like I'm a monster when I just want to eat my lunch. I hardly eat anything, I don't eat the healthiest most times, but I work five days a week in a very physically active job. I'm never still for long, yet I'm still big.

Please don't assume things unless you've ever experienced it for yourself.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think if you feel great about yourself then don't sweat it to presurre yourself on something you don't like, but if you want to lose weight, try to do it healthily, not by forcing to starve Best is referring to BMI and stay in your line
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    yesh that's exactly right, never force urself to eat something u don't want. An always eat what u want. dieting just deprives your body of need nutrient's and vitamins.
    Just because a person is overweight doesn't mean they should go on a diet, they just need to controll how much of that something they like (cheetos my something, and burgers, or fries, etc.) and substitute it for something healthier, like a good home cooked meal . My cousin was overweight and it never bothered him or me, but the doctor said he had to go on a diet. He never did he just substituted eating out, for eating in.. he still got what he wanted to eat but it was healthier and he lost weight that way.
    What i'm saying is it's healthier to eat what you want; than not eating at all... dieting is just a way of slowly wearing urself down.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast