Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird problem (Desktop options disabled)

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weird problem (Desktop options disabled)

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Have you tried the Adware/Spyware/Malware removers???

http://www.microsoft.com/spyware
    Just a quick question to throw in here... whats Melware? I know adware and spyware but never heard of melware... properties? damages? Whats it do? Easy to get rid of? Big problem?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    Just a quick question to throw in here... whats Melware? I know adware and spyware but never heard of melware... properties? damages? Whats it do? Easy to get rid of? Big problem?
    MALWARE refers to 'Malicious' spyware or adware. also refered to as Trojans. They may give an outward appearance of adware, but can do things such as disable your anti-virus applications, block your access to anti-virus and spyware removal sites, and open your machine for further downloading of trojan applications... And yes, they are a BIG PROBLEM, and are treated just like any other Trojan infection...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah! i see now, yes i've heard of malicious adware (sorry i mixed up mAl and mEl, my bad) and i know a lot about trojans and worms (had to deal with quite a few back in the day of my desktop, a lot more careful now with me lap top), i never heard that abbreviation used, thanks for the clear up there, appreciate it! Thx again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2