Thread: Welcome to the battle of the Presidents Term (Supreme Court Replacement)

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to the battle of the Presidents Term (Supreme Court Replacement)

Just today, Chief Justice Sandra Day O'Conner just announced her retirement from the Supreme Court. The first woman on the court is the one to retire, personally I believed it was going to the chief justice to retire since he has cancer, but get ready folks, its going to be a battle of a lifetime, with liberals and conservatives going at it to try and find the next justice. Somehow I believe we are going to get a justice who is going to be ultra-conservative and is going to reverse alot of decisions including abortion. This is going to be a heated battle, what do you guys think of this decision. Although I do like the fact that the democrats are promoting equal tolerance of all candidates instead of just fillibustering the ones who they feel won't be right.

Source:
    Retire

also, quick question for mods, is this debate and discuss, I don't really know, if it is, please move it.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Jul 01, 2005 at 09:34 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welcome to the battle of the Presidents Term

All I care about is that we get someone who actually knows and will uphold the consititution instead of legislating from the bench.

The National Democrates may have said their for equal tolerance but they have also said in the past all they care about is whether someone is against abortion.

It's going to be interesting to see the catfight ensue. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before everything disintegrates to name calling considering the current judicial crises and power plays.

I wonder how long it will take?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welcome to the battle of the Presidents Term

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I wonder how long it will take?
    What... It's already taking place... Which reminds me...

Moving to the Debate Forum...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welcome to the battle of the Presidents Term (Supreme Court Replacement)

A link on a new development.

Ex-Sen. Thompson to oversee court nominee
    Last edited by Arrianna; Jul 06, 2005 at 12:14 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!