Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We're all living in a Prozac Nation

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: We're all living in a Prozac Nation

Again ADD is not a disease, its just the child needs to be straightened out, example, you see ADD in countries where parents can't kick your ass. In my country there is no uch thing as ADD, why? If you come home with a bad report card, your parents can kick your ass, after that, watch how you change. I talk from experience. I was a bad little kid. My dad took me to DR, he kicked my ass. and I came back a soldier.......................
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the fact that many diseases and disorders are being misdiagnosed and such, but you also have to fault the parents of these kids. Its like the whole point of overprescribing anti-biotics for children with colds(which btw is impossible since viruses cannot be cured through anti-biotics because they are not bacteria) its this whole my kid has a boo boo so I should give him some medication instead of letting the child deal with it. Parents today need to understand that overprescribing and pressuring doctors is wrong and soon we will have resistant diseases and then we will all be ****ed. As for these psychological disorders, it is overdiagnosed probably because the parents want a quick fix for this, also we live in a society which feeds on the "have a problem, take medication for it" however I do believe that ADD and ADHD is a real psychological disorder and Tom Cruise is an idiot mainly because his views and beliefs are based on the ideology of a science fiction writer. Scientology is not a religion-its just science fiction, for Tom Cruise to come right out and say that psychology is a "pseudo-science" shows he really is brainwashed by scientology not to mention that I don't see claim with which he can back up without spouting about bullshit created by a sci-fi writer.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    As for these psychological disorders, it is overdiagnosed probably because the parents want a quick fix for this, also we live in a society which feeds on the "have a problem, take medication for it"
    Don't forget to add, the schools want a quick fix. There are schools (depending on the state) where the teachers can recomend a "problem child" for diagnosis and have them "evaluated" without the parents permission or knowledge. Then if the parents don't agree with their kids taking drugs they are told the kid will be expelled if s/he doesn't take it and/or the parents will be brought up on neglect charges. I have heard of people being forced to move just to avoid a social services legal battle over whether their child should be forced to take ADD/ADHD drugs or not.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

This is true too, which is one of the rampant problems with schools today, its the schools today that are the parents, the parents no longer have the power, and this is mainly the governments fault and the parents fault, the parents don't wanna take responsibility for the kids and the government thinks that the schools since they determine many children's futures should be the parents. But this is off-topic sorry, but you have a good point.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus Chrsit the Goverment doesn't understnad that pills won't do a damn thing! ADD is BS, the child just needs to a old fashined ass wuppin. THa's it, this country they don't allow that, that is why ther is such a thing called ASS, but it is not real!!!!!!!!!!!! The child needs to be straightened out!!!!!!

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

N.Y._Soulja, let me dissabuse you of your notion. ADD and ADHD are real. When a kid actually has it, an ass wuppin won't help. If it does, they didn't have it. Simple as that. It's an actual imbalance just like many other mental trials. Because of this imbalance the drugs perscribed to actual ADD/ADHD sufferers interact differently physically with these people then it does on those who don't have it.

Security, discipline, and a proper diet will help most kids dignosed with ADD because their imbalance is caused by a lack of the last, if not all of the above. It's those who don't have it for those reasons who need medical help. A small fraction of the whole.

Thanks

ok if what you say is true, then why in my country there is no such thing as ADD?

Thanks

Is there no cases of it or is there no recognized cases of it?
    The two are very different.

If I may use a few examples?

I have a relative (passed on now) who had a nervouse breakdown during WWII while her husband was off fighting the war. She broke down so completely that she had almost no memories of 3-4 months that she spent in the hospitol and suffered from depression for the rest of her life. Back then though nervouse breakdowns were not considered a legitimate mental condition. It "wasn't a problem". Her husband divorced her and her own family told her that she should just "get over it".

On a more recent note my sister has CFS. It has only been properly medically diagnosed in the last 10 years. She's had it for alot longer then that. When she finally got a diagnosis of what was wrong with her she broke down and cried because for years she had been told, "you're just a hypocondriac", "it's all in your head", "if you were more disiplined this wouldn't be a problem", and "when are you going to get over it". Now, finally, she's getting better.

So just because you don't know of cases doesn't mean they don't exist. Especially if where you live it's "not a problem" and they "just need to get over it".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast