Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: whaaaaaaa! Eddie's dead!!!!

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: whaaaaaaa! Eddie's dead!!!!

oOoOoOoOo.....ok.....I think I know who it is now....But not a big wrestler fan soo thats why ..lol...and dont really care now....

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    You might want to host that image with imageshack, Arianna.
    It's taken care of.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

wow...some of you are really heartless.

Yes, I'm a huge wrestling fan and I've been following Eddie's carreer for over 10 years now. Rather you like wresting or not to be so heartless as to say 'who cares, it's another celebrity death" is pretty cold.

I doubt Eddie's wife and three children would agree with you.

Hassaun:

We don't know why Eddie died. The last report I heard from a UK paper said he was found dead in the bathroom with his toothbrush in his hand. His nephew, Chavo, found him after Eddie did not answer his wake up call and knocks on his door.

We do know that Eddie had a very serious issue with drug and alchohol abuse that cost him his career and marrage. He finally got himself straitend out 4 years ago and has been clean and sober ever since (and his wife remarried him too). I must admit, Eddie has put on quite a bit of mussle mass since comming to the WWE 5-6 years ago but as far as I know he never used steroids.

Chances are he died of a heart attack because of the abuse he did to himself for all those years with the drugs/alcohol. He's not the first wrestler to die like this...the last was Curt Henning, but he was found with drugs in his system after the autopsy.

Unfortunatly, drug overdose/alcoholism is a HUGE problem in the world of wrestling. And most wrestling promoters are deliberatly blind to it. Hopefully Eddie's death will help bring that to attention and things can finally start changing. There are very few 'old' wrestlers in the world. Eddie was one of the oldest at 38. There are only three 'old' active wrestlers (ok, one is no longer active) that I know of. Ric Flair and The Undertaker (both 50+) and Lou These, who had his last professional match (that I know of) at the young age of 78! Terry Funk is off again/on again at 50+ but I think he FINALLY decided to hang up the boots and head back to the doublecross ranch (I beleive this is his 5th retirement ).

All in all, there is a huge problem in wrestling with drugs and alcohol. Most promotions don't care to do anything about it becaue they would be held liable and it's easy to replace 'spent' superstars. It's reported that Vince McMahon no longer allows steroid use in the locker room, but those outside of the WWE say that he just looks the other way and doesn't care.
    Last edited by Barronmore; Nov 15, 2005 at 02:32 PM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Ric Flair and The Undertaker (both 50+)
    The Deadman is over 50? Crud, i didn't know he was that old.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, he's over 50. He's actually pretty much retired now. He has a gig locked up after his wrestlig carreer to produce and make Motocycles (yes, he's a big harley fan and it was not just for his 'biker' gimick). He has the 'Hogan' contract that states he wrestles about 6 times a year (if that). The rest of his time he spends with his wife and new baby (I suppose is now around 3).

I feel old as a wresting fan. I remember life before the Undertaker. Heck, I remember Rick Flair winning his 3rd world title. That was a long time ago!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The official website says this:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

Sounds like I guessed right. A bit of a bummer though, just after celebrating his fourth clean year.

Edit:
    Watch that video "Chris Benoit remembers Eddie Guerrero".
    Must've been his best friend or something.
    It's always powerful to see a grown man in such a state...
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 15, 2005 at 03:46 PM.

Newbie Rick Parks may be famous one day Rick Parks may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm going to miss eddie guerro,no one could make me laugh like he did.At least knowone in this new gen of wrestling.It sure won't be the same without him.

(Rest in peace Latino Heat )
    I don't know what soccerery dug you up."laughs Rick as he throws of his school uniform revealing his team outfit.His cheeks and forhead begin to glow and upon his face appears the markings of the lightforce."But when I am through with you your going to wish you stayed dead."

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Aww man. This sucks big time. Eddie was so fun to watch at times (a wrestling fan here too). The WWE lost a BIG star (not as big as the Rock or Hogan, but BIG) and I fear that this incident will be forgotten quickly.

Rest in peace man

Edit:
    Damn, I can't get any of the videos to play on that site
    Last edited by Shonen; Nov 15, 2005 at 04:35 PM.

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast