Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Studio Ghibli Movie?

Newbie Sherlock Hound may be famous one day Sherlock Hound may be famous one day Sherlock Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the best Studio Ghibli Movie?

In your opinion what would you say is the best studio ghibli movie? Please post a reason, otherwise I don't know why you like that perticular one. My favourite is My Neighbour Totoro. You can say anything you like about there being no plot or storyline or character development. I don't care! This movie makes you're heart lift even if you're girlfriend has just broken up with you or something. This movie will make you laugh too. It's just got so much spirit and magic. In my opinion more than any of the other ghibli's. I lent this to a chavy now ex-friend of mine and he said he hated it because nobody shot anyone, and I think that's just sad, so in my opinion Totoro is definetely the coolest ghibli. But what do you think?

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know if this is considered as Studio Ghibli- but I like Spirited Away. It's one of the best Anime Movies ever. I love it!

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Laputa the castle in the sky, when I watched it was just like magic, and the little girl made me cry with her love and innocence.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I liked porco rosco just because of all the airplanes in it. I share miyazaki's love for airplanes and, beauty and strenght of girls ^^, !!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    That is one freakin hard question...
    Probably Grave of Fireflies, Porco Rosso second.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

For those of you who are quite sure what films are produced by, or associated with Studio Ghibli, the definitive list is located at this web site... http://www.onlineghibli.com/

Personally, the most powerful Studio Ghibli films that have been uncut Region 1 release, (and I've seen), is in the list of Pre-Studio Ghibli films, and that would be 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' the move based on the manga series penned by Miyazaki, and the success of this film led to the creation of Studio Ghibli. Despite the dated animation techniques of this early 1980s film, the strength of it's story will easily hold it's own when compared against more modern works...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    The first SG movie I ever saw was Princess Mononoke. And that for the longest time was my favorite. But I recently purchased Nausicaa and The Cat Returns. And now the Cat Returns is my absolute favorie. Although Nausicaa has a very powerful message (like Len Miata said abouve), TCR does as well, and it is served up with a good bit of humor as well. Actually, all SG movies have very important messages (though I'll be honest, I haven't seen them all), so I think it just comes down to personal taste in story rather than which one has the best message.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie Matrix1989 may be famous one day Matrix1989 may be famous one day Matrix1989's Avatar
    Thanks
    That would have to be Kiki's Delivery Service. I dunno why I just saw it on T.V. once & liked it from then on

but Princess Mononoke comes in second closely followed by the well known Spirited Away

Mod Edit: Don't Double Post. If the last post of a thread is yours, use the edit button to add text to your existing post instead of double posting...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast