Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Studio Ghibli Movie?

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Personally, the most powerful Studio Ghibli films that have been uncut Region 1 release, (and I've seen), is in the list of Pre-Studio Ghibli films, and that would be 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' the move based on the manga series penned by Miyazaki, and the success of this film led to the creation of Studio Ghibli. Despite the dated animation techniques of this early 1980s film, the strength of it's story will easily hold it's own when compared against more modern works...
    I agree 100% after seeing this movie for the first time yesterday I was absolutely blown away by it. This is, in my opinion, Studio Ghilbi's best work, even if they weren't Studio Ghilbi at the time.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, Nausicaa the moivie was incredible. BUT, I have to say that Spirited away was what really got me. Can't say why, it just hit me more than the others, although Mononoke-hime was #1 for a while.

Nausicaa the manga was incredible, read the four (I think) volumes straight during last year's CRCT .
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh! What a great question! ^^ I've seen about half of Ghibli films.

NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no Tani no Naushika) would have to be my fav but that's prob due to the fact that NausicaƤ was the first Ghibli film I ever saw. Thinking back, it was prob one of the first anime I every saw!

But, Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka) has also captured my heart. It was just so....I don't know. Sad? True? Cute? (ok, maybe it's just me that might think its cute...) A lot of people complane it's slow but I think thats one of the good things in this film.

However, IMO, the "best" Ghibli film is My Neighbor Totoro (Tonari no Totoro) I mean, its so...heartwarming...its like a "kiddy" anime but I think if you watch it as an adult then I think you would like it even more then a child would. (Unless your a 3yr old or of something of the sort)

and so, my vote goes to My Neighbor Totoro! ^^
    Last edited by Yz_Gurlie; Jun 11, 2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling...XD
    ~~ The heart has its reasons which reason does not know ~~

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    I liked the one where the two siblings had their parents killed by war and had to flee...which one was that?
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Newbie wizardz199 may be famous one day wizardz199 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Here, Here

Studio Ghibli is so good, that to try to say which one is the best is impossible. ^_^

Newbie virginkid may be famous one day virginkid may be famous one day virginkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the best Studio Ghibli Movie?

Since its pretty recent, I think I like howl's moving castle enough to place it first.^_^ though spirited away and the cat returns are following up close behind as well!

Not like I've seen most of them yet but I've recently bought the whole archive of Studio Ghibli movies so I'll take my time and watch them into the last week of holidays.XD~

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks

SPirit Away was good!
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Newbie Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninrev Sirgem
    I liked the one where the two siblings had their parents killed by war and had to flee...which one was that?

Grave of the Fireflies or Hotaru no Haka in japanese
    ~~ The heart has its reasons which reason does not know ~~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast