Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What can you learn from anime and manga? ^^

Newbie Shouga Hideaki may be famous one day Shouga Hideaki may be famous one day Shouga Hideaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    Til this very day, I enjoy the fact that when Space Battleship Yamato was released in the U.S. as STARBLAZERS (1981 I think), the American editing panel removed a LOT of scenes from the series. What stuck in my mind was when they removed the "flashback" scene where the original Yamato battleship (1945) was sinking and the captain tied himself to the wheel on the bridge, in an act of Seppuku (the Captain of the Titanic did the same, but he didn't tie himself on the wheel though LOL). They didn't include that scene in the American release of Episode I (which was the version shown here in the Philippines in 1982), and when I finally saw the original version, I was amused at how culture can really shape a child's thinking through such programs like anime etc.

-RODION
    Yeah i watch that to~! But i never knew they removed the scene
    Fumo~fu~! Mo~fu! Mo~fu~mo!* (Respect people, or i will shot u!)

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ever since watching Gundam SEED and witnessing the angelic kindess of Lacus Clyne, I realized that if I wanted someone like that, I needed to live up to it. I've subsequently became a nicer person, realizing that justice isn't always the best way of dealing with bad people and all situations.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie Yamamoto Sakura may be famous one day Yamamoto Sakura may be famous one day Yamamoto Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

Oh wow!! There's a thread like this!! XDXD Thanx Hide-kun for telling me!! Eerk.. ok, yes,... i remembered that Scene where our friend said he wanted to 'Yaoi' with you cause you were so pretty.... =____=lllll I will pretend i didn't get hold of that.. please erase that thought~ >_<!! I translated it.. TT______TT

Oh!! I've learned loads from anime. From learning to be nice, and learning how to handle situations that ARE real in life. Somtimes, maybe even in anime, you can learn loads of things, like how to please someone, how to take care of someone, even how to forgive and love someone. it just depends on how you go about that situation and use it in real life. For example, you get to learn lots of history from SAMURAI CHAMPLOO, RUROUNI KENSHIN... and many more. =3 Though SAMURAI CHAMPLOO is kinda Fictioned, but you can learn the lifestyle of the olden japanese days. ^^ I love that anime. Oh, some other anime based on mythology like Matantei Loki Ragnarok.. that's GOOD!! Loki.. Fenrir.. XDXDD I love those kind of things~ Or maybe even things that are based on beliefs or history like Searching For The Fullmoon, or Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, which involves lives and about death and Shinigami's plus, in includes history of Joan Of Arc... even if it's pretty mixed up.. ^^;; Anime's like this always have a good moral behind it... i don't think there's ever been any anime that has ONLY negative things in it, no?

Well, one thing's for sure.... i PASSED my science test cause i used to loooooove watching Sailormoon when i was in 5th Grade all cause of the planet alignments.. XD;;; Nyaharhar~

Ok.. i've spoken too much.. but yeah, i've learned alot. From History to science, to mythology... and ancient times.. haaa... lovely. ^^ I just love Anime and Manga. =3

What do you guys think? XD
    Last edited by Yamamoto Sakura; Jan 18, 2005 at 01:22 PM.
    " In times like this, when all is lost.. I found YOU. "

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4