Thread: what to choose? what to choose?

Newbie hoppi may be famous one day hoppi may be famous one day hoppi's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking what to choose? what to choose?

im on a budget and so i cant get moer than one title at a time, so, which title has better action and story line, samurai x, or samurai champloo...by the way, i'never seen either of them, im just interested in them. please elaborate on why they would be worth watching...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I haven't seen samurai x, so let someone else speak for that anime.

But I can give you a glimpse of how samurai champloo is:

***Review!- Very Extremely Low Spoiler Content, But Still Some, Just Enough to Get You Interested!***

Do you like hip-hop? Do you like samurai's? This anime consists of hilarious adventours and can be viewed as a part-comedy as well as part-action. It all begins when Mugen, a powerfull samurai, tries to protect a waitress names Fuu from getting her fingers cut off. He only agrees because Fuu promises to give him some dumplings to eat! Another samurai who is extremely powerfull, named Jin, steps into the tea-house and sees whats going on. He declares he has no part, but Mugen doesn't care. He attacks him just because he is a very strong samurai, and Chaos ensues, ultimately bringing a large sword fight. After that scuffle, they get in trouble with the law and end up in jail. They are sentenced to death the next day, but eventually get saved by none other than the waitress named Fuu! But she has a condition for their freedom: To try and find a samurai that smells of sunflowers...
    Last edited by youth_anime_fan; Apr 04, 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Newbie DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Omgods... "Samurai X", I guess you're talking about RUROUNI KENSHIN :P
    *ahem* To me, Rurouni Kenshin has a lot better storyline,
    but the anime itself kinda sucks, so I recommend the manga for that one.
    So, if I were to choose bwteen Kenshin and Champloo anime, it's Champloo

Champloo is hilarious (I mean, it's a top director, Watanabe Shinichi)
    stylish, great art and all you need :P You won't get dissapointed at all
    (plus that Rurouni Kenshin is an anime that attracts more girls than guys)
    Shouldn't you be playing outside?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X are available in their completeness in the USA. Samurai Champloo only has two DVD's of the series released yet. Since you're on a budget you can get the Samurai X movie on the cheap and the Rurouni Kenshin series should also fit better within your budget than Samurai Champloo, which is commanding top dollar.

Both are worthy of owning.

Moved to Spoiler Area since youth_anime_fan felt the compulsion to give some spoilers.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    Moved to Spoiler Area since youth_anime_fan felt the compulsion to give some spoilers.
    *Blush* he, sorry... Just being an otaku I guess! Sorry about that!

But it seriously is a great anime, but I have to admit, the price is kinda steep because its new and all.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess u could go for Samurai X if u have some sort of thing for watching gorish anime...but im not so sure about Samurai Champloo...never seen shows of it or read any of the mangas...so i guess i would go for Samurai X.

Newbie hoppi may be famous one day hoppi may be famous one day hoppi's Avatar
    Thanks
    thanks for all your advice

Newbie Daisuki-Chan may be famous one day Daisuki-Chan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I strongly suggest Samurai X