Thread: What do I need to play xbox live?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

What do I need to play xbox live?

I wanted to know what peripherals I needed to play xbox live. I am getting broadband soon and I have a copy of Halo 2(comes with year free of live) but I don't know what to do past that. All I know is that I need a headset. Is there anything else I need? Also, does the broadband just plug into the xbox or do I need something for it to plug into it.?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    You'll need to get the Xbox LIVE starter kit for one.

Second, you'll need a length of LAN cable.

Third, you're going to need to get a router. I'm assuming here that you are also going to use the Broadband connection for your PC, so to hook both the Xbox and the PC up to the broadband connection, you'll want a router.

Fourth, you'll need to talk to your cable company about the IP addressing. If your provider uses static IP's (you have the same IP address all the time) you're all set. If your provider used dynamic IP's (they change periodically) you'll need to talk to your broadband provider about getting a dedicated IP for your Xbox. LIVE doesn't like dynamic IP's.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.