Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do u think of shounen-ai?

Newbie Japyez may be famous one day Japyez may be famous one day Japyez's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face What do u think of shounen-ai?

'Sup! its me,Naoya...

Well,some ppl doesn't like shounen-ai while others,of course, watch it (nonetheless). Boys like boys..for example Gravitation,Boy's Love,etc. To tell the truth,I actually watch them.For the sake of being an 'anime-freak'.

So,what do you guys think of Shounen-Ai anime/manga?
    pls share your views.Thanks.
    Lurving him..souji-chan ^-^ naoya |tsuk|

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like it....... I watch/read it. It's become one of my favourite genres in anime/manga. However I watch it because I am a shounen-ai freak. ^^
    I am even starting to get into Yaoi too (the heavier stuff)

To tell the truth also, I never used to like it.
    Way back when, when I was a Anime newbie, the throught of it kind of distrubed me, so I never looked into it.
    But after reading Clamp manga, who very very subtly put shounen-ai into alot of their work, I started liking it.
    Gravitation and Yami no Matsuei are the two series that really set me off so to speak ^^

And now I'm a shounen-ai fangirl embraking into the dark and scary world of Yaoi

I see nothing wrong with it, it's really nothing more than female fantasty and it's mostly harmless. Most of the people who won't like it are usually men or people who don't like the idea of it.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Apr 08, 2005 at 10:27 PM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Shu-chan may be famous one day Shu-chan may be famous one day Shu-chan's Avatar
    Thanks
    as you can see in my avatar I love Gravitation! I love Shonen-ai. I really don't have a problem with bi people. or (gay) I think it's cute in Gravitation.
    Always listen to your heart
    Don't let other people chose your destiny
    Only you can chose your destiny

Newbie Japyez may be famous one day Japyez may be famous one day Japyez's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah..yaoi is sometimes scary in some anime/manga..
    as it is in gravitation,yups,its cute..

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really enjoy Shonen-ai! Gravitation is my favorite out of this genre, Ryuichii is so cute!!!
    Yaoi is very deep and has many dark secrets..... (that was supposed to be forebodeing and spooky, but oh well)
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Deep? Dark Secrets?

Yaoi? O_o

What's deep about graphic (and often wrong) visual deciptions for two or more guys bonking eachothers brains out?

The term Yaoi stems from the Japanese phrase:
    "yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi," which means "no peak, no point, no meaning"
    Sp basically, Yaoi has no point.... it's only made because girls (and quite a few boys) like seeing the stuff. Sometimes you'll find a decent Yaoi manga with a decent storyline where the characters aren't sleeping with eachother just for the heck of it.
    But most of the time Yaoi is pure smut.

Thanks
    yaoi's a pure smut huh?...
    as you said it hikari-sempai, yaoi is just a word to satisfy the description of their love to read such things...>> um,did i gt dat right?
    wakarimasu..
    but shounen-ai and yaoi does not totally have to exist together in a manga to pull readers,do it?

Thanks
    No it doesn't, it's all about what you prefer.
    Some people like Yaoi better because it is pointless and .... *fill in the blanks*, while others (like me) prefer less sexual content and more story.
    I actually prefer Shounen-ai over Yaoi.
    I prefer story, cuteness, fluffiness and romance that Shounen-ai stories have over *words I'm not even going to say* that Yaoi is... ^^
    But I'm still a Yaoi newbie, so that might all change as time goes on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast