Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you look for in an AMV?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you look for in an AMV?

I've actually been getting those AMV's which played at Otakon 2005 (which I missed) and I have to tell you for the most part I've impressed. Even some songs I didn't like at first I enjoy now just because of how well the AMV was made. My top picks, for the record are:

I Walk Alone
    Invincible
    Nightmare
    FLCAL
    Wakalaka (for Osaka)

And "I Walk Alone" brings up another reason I enjoy AMV's, I liked it so much that the Kenshin OAV's are currently being shipped to my dorm. A few years ago I saw the AMV which premiered at Otakon 2003 entitled "In The Navy" which got me so interested in The Irresponsible Captain Tylor that I ordered the box set. AMV's have been the gateway drug to many an anime for me.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    I've actually been getting those AMV's which played at Otakon 2005 (which I missed) and I have to tell you for the most part I've impressed. Even some songs I didn't like at first I enjoy now just because of how well the AMV was made. My top picks, for the record are:

I Walk Alone
    Invincible
    Nightmare
    FLCAL
    Wakalaka (for Osaka)

And "I Walk Alone" brings up another reason I enjoy AMV's, I liked it so much that the Kenshin OAV's are currently being shipped to my dorm. A few years ago I saw the AMV which premiered at Otakon 2003 entitled "In The Navy" which got me so interested in The Irresponsible Captain Tylor that I ordered the box set. AMV's have been the gateway drug to many an anime for me.
    Very true. Sometimes an AMV can just skyrocket your interest in a particular anime. It's highly dangerous for people who can't stand being spoiled though.

Beowulf from Hypeodermic studios has released a new music vid called Dead To the World, it's a whopping 525 MB file, 25:17 long...
    That's heavy in nearly ALL aspects of the word...

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

O_O That's intense, it reminds me of the Animix project AMV's.org had going on, 5 amv's that run back to back to eachother 100 megs each. I think they compiled all 5 into one huge AMV but I haven't had a chance to look for it yet.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    O_O That's intense, it reminds me of the Animix project AMV's.org had going on, 5 amv's that run back to back to eachother 100 megs each. I think they compiled all 5 into one huge AMV but I haven't had a chance to look for it yet.
    Yeah, but this is just one AMV about the antichrist...

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I tend to look for a good sync - I can't stand if the images look like they are just thrown together.

And I mainly look for the song - because the song can make or break an AMV.

I especially look for AMVs whose creators are not afraid to take a risk - step out of the box, if you will.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

I look for the ussual (sync, the song, etc). But I also look for video quality, sound quality, flow of the video with the series and/or music, and how well the music fits the effects and the anime itself, aling with the music fitting the story if I've sen the anime. One AMV that I think did a great job of all of those is this one: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...info.php?v=914.
    Nut having not gone through much of the site I havn't seen very many, so I have yet to see the best. Mass amv downloading spree.... ^^

I look to begin making my own amv's in the next week or two. The only problem is that I'm limited on dvd's, so I'll have to make due with what I have. I just need to get my 250 gig hard drive and something to edit videos with.
    Last edited by Zarriff; Sep 24, 2005 at 11:02 PM.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

hot people... breasts and hot guy hair... good, realistic graphics... and the skin has gotta look shiny!

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

I look for AMV's that have songs that fit the anime, and generally lip syncing it is a bad idea. My favorite to date is the Pefect Blue AMV to the song "The Perfect Drug" by NIN. I don't remember who made it, but it's... perfect! Second would be the AMV of the Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal to the Cutting Crew song "(I Just) Died In Your Arms," its really quite nice.

Two AMV's that I've seen that broke the aforementioned guidelines, but did it with style are: The lip sync of the holy hand grenade sequence in the holy grail using the anime Bastard! And an anime AMV my friend told me about that used the REM song "Shiny Happy People" for the anime, Grave of the Fireflies (that's so wrong I have to see it!).
    Last edited by Alegos; Oct 15, 2005 at 01:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast