Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you look for in an AMV?

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you look for in an AMV?

Quote Originally Posted by Alegos
    I look for AMV's that have songs that fit the anime, and generally lip syncing it is a bad idea. My favorite to date is the Pefect Blue AMV to the song "The Perfect Drug" by NIN. I don't remember who made it, but it's... perfect! Second would be the AMV of the Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal to the Cutting Crew song "(I Just) Died In Your Arms," its really quite nice.

Two AMV's that I've seen that broke the aforementioned guidelines, but did it with style are: The lip sync of the holy hand grenade sequence in the holy grail using the anime Bastard! And an anime AMV my friend told me about that used the REM song "Shiny Happy People" for the anime, Grave of the Fireflies (that's so wrong I have to see it!).
    i saw a perfect blue video to NIN "Closer." that was very well put together. the other i enjoy that worked together was Korn's "Dead Bodies Everywhere" to numerous gory animes. but i agree that the anime has to fit the song. unless u come up with a way for it to work. like for example if u have some fighting anime such as DBZ put to some fast heavy metal song, that works. or Zebrahead's "The Hell That Is My Life" to Love Hina. it all has to fit.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

The song has to have the right feel to the footage shown like action packed with Rock music or Music with love and emotions along with scenes of anime love and strong emotions.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr's Avatar
    Thanks

great music and of course... the type of lyrics even it is sung in nihonnggo.... like mystic eyes in vision of esca .. and your not alone in the movie

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I love it when people can find THE right song for a moment in an anime, or the entire anime itself.

But... my FAVORITES, are when they can make it HILARIOUS!!! XD XD XD

...even the most depressing animes can become hilarious...
    ...add a little jingle from a commercial, find the right one, and boom...... your AMV is given throughout the world...

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, you can win my heart with a song which perfectly matches the anime, or with a complete parody/satire that is there just for laughs....such as the AMV Hell series.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    Yeah, you can win my heart with a song which perfectly matches the anime, or with a complete parody/satire that is there just for laughs....such as the AMV Hell series.
    Have you seen The motion picture? That file is too big for me to dl
    I was able to get a hold of AMV Hell 0 though
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 20, 2005 at 11:07 AM.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Have you seen The motion picture? That file is too bog for me to dl
    I was able to get a hold of AMV Hell 0 though
    Yes, I recently aquired it. It was very long....but it was pretty funny too. Worth the watch if you ask me.

Newbie Black Swordsmen may be famous one day Black Swordsmen may be famous one day Black Swordsmen's Avatar
    Thanks

What I Look In A "AMV" Is If The Music Goes Well With The Clips. Thats Really All..Oh And If The Music Is Alright.

Look, Look around you Carefully. Strain Your Eyes At The Darkness Around Us.. At The Darkness Around Me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast