Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the true diffrence between anime and american comics

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you think the true diffrence between anime and american comics

What do you think the diffrence between anime and american comics is
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmmm....that i recognize off the bat are mainly just the cultural differences. I can't really comment too much on Manga because it's sort of my weak area as far as knowledge goes (i've only read a few). But American comics (just like japanese comics) have their share of family/teen oriented titles, and then you have your darker themed books. So i guess in ways they are the same just in different styles?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This is a valid Anime/Manga Topic... Moving....

(We also have a closed reference thread that sticky in the Anime Forum on the style differences between Anime and American Cartoons...)
    http://www.animeonline.net/showthread.php?t=1906
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    well That just shot down my manga dreams
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    manga... is just more deep. Better story lines... characters that are more human "personality". ... .. well that's one reason i think there different.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by serge2005
    What do you think the diffrence between anime and american comics is
    Well....I think that Anime is a movie and comics are books....

I assume you mean Manga and Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    manga... is just more deep. Better story lines... characters that are more human "personality". ... .. well that's one reason i think there different.
    Obviously you haven't read alot of comics. lol

I grew up on then and let me tell you Manga has nothing on comics for story lines (archs lasting years), personalities (you name it you can find it), and just about everything else. It's all in the title.

The real difference?

Culture.

That's why I prefer Manga. As the "American" popular culture denigrates itself so do the comics. I can still find Manga with themes of Honor and Virtue and making the hard choice, in comics...not so much. They're fewer and farther between. Also most comics don't have a set artist that sticks with the title the whole time. They usually switch about every 4-6 months. It makes it a real pain if you follow an artist the way I do. It also makes for inconsistency in quality. There are exceptions, again it's all in the title. Independent comics tend to be more consistent. They're just harder to find, can have varied release times, and often cost more.....just like Manga. lol

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well.. AC is more detailed than manga characters, and there drawings are also more rougher than manga, maga is a simple drawing.

Newbie Trance may be famous one day Trance may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well whether talking about Anime vs Cartoons or Manga vs Comics both comparisons have some of the same points. Depth... the american work lacks depth in most aspects whether it be the personalities or storyline for example. you should notice in most japanese work the story continues with every addition where as american work usually has a completely new and unrelating adventure with each new part

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast