Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think the true diffrence between anime and american comics

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Obviously you haven't read alot of comics. lol
    nope u caught me... the lenght of my comic reading is spiderman.
    But WHen it comes to manga o.o... well i can't really remember what the total of volumes of books ive read. i think i got lost somewhere around a thousand.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Shitty Plot, Period. American comics have bad storylines!

Oh god the good guy has a secretr identity that amazingly even when he changes in a phonebooth with GLASS WALLS (which you can see through) the bad guys still dont know who the good duy is!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Shitty Plot, Period. American comics have bad storylines!

Oh god the good guy has a secretr identity that amazingly even when he changes in a phonebooth with GLASS WALLS (which you can see through) the bad guys still dont know who the good guy is!

And amzingly the superhero uses a cool new move he didnt know he had (GAY) and defeats the enemy! Oh Wow....
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, I don't think you can compare anime to comics, they are different but I think aime vs cartoons is a topic and on that anime is better because of variety of storyline and quality of animation as well different animation styels.

Comics vs. Manga sound better as well. Here, plot goes along with it as well. To me at least in terms of the old comics, it seems that the american comics market was about stock plots and characters mainly superheros and their adventures, however the line blurring with creations like Sin City, which from what I have seen rival some manga. But mainly story and depth of characters.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Apr 22, 2005 at 02:28 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even though I do watch a lot of cartoons, I have to say I like manga/anime better. Basically, what everyone else is saying, Manga/Anime has more depth. The conflicts in the story are sooo much better. They also have better action.
    I don't own any manga books of my own, but I have read a lot. My favorites are D.N.Angel and Fruits Basket. I like them better than regular chapter books and because of (for 1) the pictures (2) how you read them right to left instead of left to right. American Comics are funny. but to me, Manga has everything, from the funny, to the action, to the romance. And its hard to find american cartoons that have that.

Newbie superdraw may be famous one day superdraw may be famous one day
    Thanks
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I think that anime is way better than american comics because they always have a better plot. When you compare Super Woman to D.N.Angel you already knows what sounds more interesting and uniqueI love anime!!! Alot! So do almost all of my freinds! I got them all into it even more too. Bwa ha ha ha!
    Last edited by superdraw; Jun 06, 2005 at 09:47 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules... http://www.animeonline.net/showthread.php?t=2312
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2