Thread: What Does It Take To Make A Good Manga Story?

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

What Does It Take To Make A Good Manga Story?

I was just curious to what makes a good manga story to read. I like manga like Fruits Basket, GTO, and Naruto for their storyline. Seeing as though I'm writing a fanfic I figured it was the same thing minus the pictures to go with it. This will help to write better story if I understand what makes a good manga story.

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Most of my experience with Manga is indirect (since many Anime series are based on Manga stories...), but one of the things that I look for is good character growth and emotional development. Instead of having a static character like in most american comics (Peter Parker is always Peter Parker), the character is affected by events in the story (for better or worse), so that the character at the start of the story, are not the same characters at the end...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well action, romance, and comedy all mixed makes a pretty good anime (INU YASHA)!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with len, Make sure that ur characters are well rounded... Plus have different styles of clothing... i mean u ever seen those shows in which the characters always wear the same thing.... grr i hate that. Plus advertisng never hurt nyone put a couple of logos on the clothing "with the permission of the companys" and they may give u a check seeing if ur book becomes a hit >_<!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Revenge101 may be famous one day Revenge101 may be famous one day Revenge101's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that to make a good manga you'd have to have a good storyline
    The Darkness is only evil to those who misunderstand it.....namely YOU!!!