Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What ethinic race would you consider yourself as?

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    For some people it's the same thing. Others of us don't consider race to be important. Either our racial background is varied or we don't care to be associated with a label that doesn't apply to our lives.
    There are others still, namely anthropologists, that think race doesn't exist. Race is a folk taxonomy, meaning a list or category that we've hashed together through observation and phenotypic trates, not viable research. In the 1980's, a group of scientists took dna from a black man and a white man to try and discern the differences. What did they find? Nothing. They couldn't tell the difference on a genetic level.

Even earlier than this, Jesse Owens was asked to cooperate with a doctor to find out which of his 'black traits' helped him be a better athlete (the prevailing theory was that the black man was closer to the natural savage which helped him in sports). What did the doctor find? There was no racial trate for his success as an athlete. He was an extremely fit man who trained very, very hard.

So why all this inspired by just one thread? This is a problem we need to deal with, and it's not going to happen until everyone is educated about it. We hold ourselves back or pull others down based on imaginary attributes we give people based solely on their appearance. Race does not exist. Phenotypes exist, but phenotypes do not equal race, as race is classified as something else wholly different than just how we look.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm a natural-born citizen of the United States. Everything else is irrelevant.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    55%Irish+10%Scottish+5%German+20%Jew+5%Alien+5%Jap anese=ME!
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Otaku Shu-chan may be famous one day Shu-chan may be famous one day Shu-chan's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm half mexican and half american
    Always listen to your heart
    Don't let other people chose your destiny
    Only you can chose your destiny

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by erosennin
    There are others still, namely anthropologists, that think race doesn't exist. Race is a folk taxonomy, meaning a list or category that we've hashed together through observation and phenotypic trates, not viable research. In the 1980's, a group of scientists took dna from a black man and a white man to try and discern the differences. What did they find? Nothing. They couldn't tell the difference on a genetic level.

Even earlier than this, Jesse Owens was asked to cooperate with a doctor to find out which of his 'black traits' helped him be a better athlete (the prevailing theory was that the black man was closer to the natural savage which helped him in sports). What did the doctor find? There was no racial trate for his success as an athlete. He was an extremely fit man who trained very, very hard.

So why all this inspired by just one thread? This is a problem we need to deal with, and it's not going to happen until everyone is educated about it. We hold ourselves back or pull others down based on imaginary attributes we give people based solely on their appearance. Race does not exist. Phenotypes exist, but phenotypes do not equal race, as race is classified as something else wholly different than just how we look.
    Wow, i am glad to have found somebody who hates being categorized into a race, also. There wouldn't be problems with racism if people just learned to strip themselves of pride. Who cares if your black, brown, yellow, red or white.... We are no different from each other besides that.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool ?

colombian all the way

Do to others as you see fit

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1
    colombian all the way
    OK then... Has el favor de leer las reglas de este sitio antes de responder a cualquier parte del foro, no esta permitido comentar en topicos muertos por dos semanas o mas... Si sigues en lo mismo seras botado permanentemente... Considera esta tu ultima advertencia...

Topic Closed...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3