Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is image ripping

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly is image ripping

If you download any pictures from the gallery is it considered image ripping
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    No, not unless its from a site that doesn't want you to do so.Its alright to download an image from here, thats not ripping. Mainly Image ripping is taking an image from a site and passing it along as yours.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ripping is when you take an image off one site and put it on another and say you made it. this is also called Copyright infringment Most images are under the "All Rights" act meaning they are free to be used in image making such as wellpapers and site logos (IE anime images)

But as for a image someone made such as a wallpaper and or a GFX for their site you are not allowed by state federal or International law to take it without permission

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    Okay thanks
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If you use a wall on a personal site, but give them credit for it also without asking permission, is that ripping too? Or is it fine untill they tell you to take it off? (if they want you to do)
    \

Clarifier: You give them cridit, but you don't ask them to display it.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    well the question has already been answered but as an artist i feel i must also add this:

if we catch you rippin our artwork we will track you down, come to your house, rip your leg off and beat you to death with it. there will be no exceptions. *evil squinty stare*

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    well the question has already been answered but as an artist i feel i must also add this:

if we catch you rippin our artwork we will track you down, come to your house, rip your leg off and beat you to death with it. there will be no exceptions. *evil squinty stare*
    That makes me kinda glad I always ask someone for their respective art to display. How horrible...

But you haveto make them see their own beating heart before they die.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    If you use a wall on a personal site, but give them credit for it also without asking permission, is that ripping too? Or is it fine untill they tell you to take it off? (if they want you to do)
    Yes if you put up a wall on your personal site and give the artist credit but didn't ask permission to have it yes it is ripping

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast