Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What form of government would you have!

Otaku dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What form of government would you have!

I would have a centered thing,mostly like kingdom,less fighting cause you only have so much land

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

There are a lot of flaws in our government as a democracy but as arianna say's it has done good so far i just wonder if their really is a better one out there or someone who might be thinking one up!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dnangel141
    I would have a centered thing,mostly like kingdom,less fighting cause you only have so much land
    Actually that tends to lead to more fighting. High demand-low supply.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point if you really think about having a kingdom though it would be absolute chaos and lots of betrayal just like in the past!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

the funny thing is that we always try to be perfect and no matter what we do there is always a flaw or 2
    but our 200 and somthin year old constitution is doin pretty good for the time being, but anything that begins needs to end and then what?
    what kind of government?
    government who can govern its own dark heart and actually think of others other than himself or herself, for the general welfare, common good
    our founding fathers did this constitution as it is for future generations, to change when change is needed
    thats the government that the whole world needs, REALLY NEEDS!!! well not that much...

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

Thanks

I guess not everything is perfect but hey like everyone has said our government has done pretty well i just wonder how much longer it will hold up!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by 'hold up'?

The current form of government in the Untied states is the oldest concurent government in the world (meaning that while individual countries have continued on, the type of government they have had changed in the last 200+ years). If that is the case then that makes the U.S. democratic 'experament' the most stable government in the world today. I don't see that changing as long as it's citizenry continue to exersize the freedoms that this country was founded on (namley the right to vote - as in go vote today if your old enough ).

Our government work as the constitution is written. If it doesn't 'hold up' as you say, then it will be because there are those who want to change the intent of the constitution to match their own personal belieifs. Those people are usually also intrested in personal power and those changes would grant them more power then the current system gives them.

That is why free elections are so important. Rather you beleive it or not, American's have the oppertunity and the duty to change or support the government every election cycle. And we CAN. Look at California with Gray Davis. He was out of office in less then a year because of his handling of california. Look at our last election. The entire face of the senate was changed with a few suprise victories. Tom Dashel was the biggest one and has changed the senate the most. I assure you, Mr. Dashel did not want to lose but his constituants held him accountabe and they did not like what they saw. Off he went after a free and open election.

There are countries around the world who are shocked and awed with the transfer of power in America. To see one president of a political party step down and freely welcome, greet, and shake hands with his political opponent that beat him is truly an amazing site to those without those freedoms.

I like the form of government we have today. I just wish those in washington would practice it better and adhere to the constitution as written...not the way they would wish to re-write it for their own benifit.

Thanks

Eh i'm saying that some day it might fall and then what will we go to even though it's old doesn't mean it's not able to break and fall it just means that it's worked so far but people are starting to find different ways around the government now so who know's what could happen! You have to think of all the possibilities rather than it's just worked so far!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast