Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 73 to 80 of 81

Thread: what good about china and japan?

  1. #73
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    the only cases of a country within a country are the Vatican and Lesotho

    Lesotho is a freak of a country that's surrounded by South Africa
    and the Vatican's somewhere inside Italy
    Alright, I think you misinterpreted my statements...

    HOLD ON!! Gotta check the age so I'm not bombing on some ten-year-old again *checks age* whew! You're roughly 1 year older than me! Time to have fun!

    I'm not quite sure why you said what you said, because it has no relevance whatsoever to the discussion... but anyways, I was just pointing out to ??? that China was a COUNTRY, not a CONTINENT, because he says that yes, HK is PART of China, and yes, it's a country.

    I guess I should defend angelan, too (even though he might not like it, sorry angelan if I'm picking your fights!). What he meant by "country within country" was that HK would be ON THE TERRITORY of another country, yet STILL somehow their OWN country. This is impossible. That would make it a kind of "neutral" land which both control but only one can use.

    Remember: he said PART, not CONTAINED BY, or SURROUNDED.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  2. #74
    Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Alright, I think you misinterpreted my statements...

    HOLD ON!! Gotta check the age so I'm not bombing on some ten-year-old again *checks age* whew! You're roughly 1 year older than me! Time to have fun!

    I'm not quite sure why you said what you said, because it has no relevance whatsoever to the discussion... but anyways, I was just pointing out to ??? that China was a COUNTRY, not a CONTINENT, because he says that yes, HK is PART of China, and yes, it's a country.

    I guess I should defend angelan, too (even though he might not like it, sorry angelan if I'm picking your fights!). What he meant by "country within country" was that HK would be ON THE TERRITORY of another country, yet STILL somehow their OWN country. This is impossible. That would make it a kind of "neutral" land which both control but only one can use.

    Remember: he said PART, not CONTAINED BY, or SURROUNDED.
    Dude... Hong Kong IS a COUNTRY !

  3. #75
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E=mc²
    Dude... Hong Kong IS a COUNTRY !
    OMG... just... just... wow... OK... SOME people on AO really ARE "unique" and "special" in a BAD way. reread the last few PAGES of evidence to the contrary, please.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  4. #76
    Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    OMG... just... just... wow... OK... SOME people on AO really ARE "unique" and "special" in a BAD way. reread the last few PAGES of evidence to the contrary, please.
    Well you are the lunatic one

  5. #77
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E=mc²
    Well you are the lunatic one
    Alright (now for my standard comment: if this is considered pseudo-modding, notify me and I will modify this post, but this is REALLY annoying, and this has to be cleared up NOW)
    Please stop spamming the board with your senseless comments, because it's kinda annoying, ESPECIALLY with MANY pages of facts backing all of this up!
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  6. #78
    AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ryke....this is the point where i hit the report post button. and sit back and laugh at the "special"ness of the people here at AO =)

    But anyway, it doesn't really matter if HK is a country or not cuz that's not what this thread is about. And thanks for defending me ryke, but one thing. I'm a she not a he

    I think innerhell was merely stating the only cases where a Country surrounds another Country. I don't quite take offense to that

    and E=mc² are you just stirring up trouble?

    *now back to your regular discussion of china vs. japan ^^*

    someone mentioned that HK is dirty. I agree...it's very dirty. Well the metropolis part of it is anyway. Clean air is something that's hard to come by. On top of the damp + hot weather, which makes the air quality even worse, you have very dense and tall buildings that just don't let wind through very well.

    It's a very beautiful city if you don't nitpick at every little detail tho, and just step back and take a look. The nightlife and entertainment that happens in HK is enjoyable.

    Ooh OOH and Disneyland is opening soon too in HK! so now China has that in common with Japan at least =P

    sorry if it's very one sided, like i mentioned before, i don't have much experience to draw up a picture of Japan with =P
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

    Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

  7. #79
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    But anyway, it doesn't really matter if HK is a country or not cuz that's not what this thread is about. And thanks for defending me ryke, but one thing. I'm a she not a he
    Ahh... oops, sorry *smacks self on head* shoulda asked first... or something... uh... I was just following the old grammer rules of "he" when gender is unknown... ? Eeeep. Sorry.

    But yeah, back to the main point of this thread: I found another reason Japan is better (no offense to those who like China)... Japan has a HUGE INDOOR BEACH!!!!!
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  8. #80
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts
    not to mention the cocroach family I met on the top deck of the bus

    man that was scary, but I have yet to see a rat

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts