Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: what good about china and japan?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Depends on what you're looking for of course but Japan is much safer, more advanced, expensive, overpopulated. China is a country on the rise but large parts of it are desert or jungle. Only the east side of the country is modern and industrialised.
    Last edited by Hassun; May 27, 2005 at 03:02 PM.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Japan, for everything it is, culture and religion, food, art, japanese anime and manga, movies, beautiful scenery, interesting history, etc etc...

How could you like ANY other country more than Japan?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaines
    Japan, for everything it is, culture and religion, food, art, japanese anime and manga, movies, beautiful scenery, interesting history, etc etc...

How could you like ANY other country more than Japan?
    It isn't all that great.
    But please specify your question, was it all about food?

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Story of a friend who went there:

Salary - CG jobs in animation, game, and film pay roughly 3K~10K RMB, depending on the city and your experience/talent. That's not a lot of money to a westerner, but it's considered good salary for China, since living standard is low here. However, in big cities like Shanghai and Beijing, it's three times as expensive as the smaller cities.

Companies - Unless you work for top notch companies or foreign companies (for example, Ubisoft Shanghai), quality will not be important to your employers. Most people who are involved in the CG industry at the top level don't care about quality--they just want to rake in as much money as quickly as possible. The CG artists are mostly frustrated here in China because they have to deal with power/money-hungry bosses that don't know anything about CG, but makes stupid creative decisions that they have no business making, and treats the artists like crap. The overall quality of CG in China is very low, with a lot of substandard works in TV commercials, Chinese films, Chinese online games..etc. The really excellent works are almost non-existent, except in individuals' portfolios. But no matter how good your personal work is, that is not what the companies want--they just want a quick buck. The most famous animation in China is this abomination called "Blue Cat." It looks like something high school students did--in fact I've seen better high school student works. It's absolutely pathetic, but the company that produces it is filthy rich. THAT, is what you can look forward to in China.

Society and government - This is the worst part about China. All the negative points I mentioned about CG companies are the direct result of the way society and government is here. China's communist government is world-famous for its lack of respect for human rights, and the Cultural Revolution really destroyed many of the beautiful things about the old Chinese culture. Today's China, after being ravaged by the Cultural Revolution, has lost most of the beauty that has made it famous around the world. Today's China, at its worst, is a world of greed, corruption, deceit, lies, selfishness, cowardice, apathy, hubris, ignorance, betrayal, and pretentiousness. There are good people and good things here, but they are in a small minority, and these good people and good things are constantly being threatened and victimized by all the bad things in China. Everyday in the newspaper, you read about the police beating people to death for no reason while interrogating them at the police station, and there are so many cases of innocent people being beaten into admitting to crimes they did not commit, then locked away for decades or until their death. This is not some secret truth I'm exposing--it's is in local newspapers in all the cities in China.

The Chinese people are so afraid of bringing problems upon themselves. People are always getting beaten to death in the middle of crowded streets, with no one to interfere or help. Most people are even afraid to call the cops because they are afraid the criminals would see them make the phone call and then come after them (it has happened. People who picked up a phone to call the cops, were beaten too by the criminals). If you fall down in a crowded street due to a heartattack or other illnesses, don't expect anyone to come to help you. Everyone will stay clear of you because they are afraid of having to be responsible for your life. This is very common in China.

Employees stealing from employers is too common here. They steal your clients list, your products, your company info..etc and then use them to compete against you the first chance they get. My wife owns businesses here, and many of her friends are entrepreneurs too, so I know all this first hand. You simply can't trust people here.

The regard for human life here is so pathetic. Everyday in the paper, another product has been discovered to be made with completely unsafe and hazardous materials to make a quick buck. I've ingested these "fake products" here in China, and I thought I was going to die from it (severe stomache flu for 3 days). People skim oils dumped into the sewers from restraurants off the top of the sewege, and then filter them and reused them again for cooking. Secret manufacturing sites out in the rural areas are always busted because they use meat from diseased animals, rotting vegetables..etc to save money. The scary thing is, these are only the cases that were exposed--the ones that pay off the cops are still operating, and we don't know just which of these hazardous products we are eating here everyday!

The people in China are vastly undereducated compared to developing countries. Many of them have no real understanding of the law, science, medical science, social etiquette, history, world news..etc. This makes them live and behave in ways that are unfathomable, and sometimes unacceptable to a westerner.

The Chinese people are also quite confused. On one hand, they hate the Japanese, don't like Americans, and feel they are a superior race, but on the other hand, they can't get enough of Hollywood blockbusters, McDonalds, KFC's and Japanese manga, anime, games..etc. It sickens me to see them talk about the Japanese and the Americans with such contempt, then turn around and go watch a Japanese film while eating McDonalds. When 9/11 happened in 2001, The Chinese people around me CHEERED and said, "The Americans deserved it." THAT, is how the Chinese people feel about Americans in general. But, the funny thing is, as much hubris and racism there is in the minds of the average Chinese, they also have a very strong inferiority complex. They feel that westerners are better than them at many things, are better educated, more skillful, richer..etc. Talk about a paradox, eh?

Now, all of these things I talked about happen all around the world, but they happen so much in China that it becomes unbearable. This is why it's a developing country, not a developed country.

And of course, there are exceptions, but they are in a small minority. I have met nice people here, and also very brilliant and talented people. I've also met brave and uncorrupt people who believe in justice and are willing to stick their necks out for it. But like I said, they are in a small minority--much smaller than you would expect from a developed country.
    Last edited by ???; May 28, 2005 at 12:38 PM.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    It isn't all that great.
    But please specify your question, was it all about food?
    Well you can always find flaws in any country, but what I meant to say is that it was the country that made ME personnally feel better

And those Chinese who say that Koizumi going to the dead soldiers monument is bad, they should remember that they aren't clean neither (ie Tibet, and others).

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think the real question here is Chicken or fish?

Please don't be a trend of "What's the best" threads..

[J]

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaines
    Well you can always find flaws in any country, but what I meant to say is that it was the country that made ME personnally feel better

And those Chinese who say that Koizumi going to the dead soldiers monument is bad, they should remember that they aren't clean neither (ie Tibet, and others).
    are you kidding man?? he went to pay RESPECT to soldiers WHO MASSACRED, RAPED, ROBBED chinese ppl

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's the trend these days with countries Pyoro...I don't think I need to make an actual list.

Rape! Pillage! Plunder! Voting!

arrrrrg!!

[J]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast