Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: what good about china and japan?

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I absolutly love Japan, but i also like china and i love my girl-friend Xia qin ( Stephy ) but if i had a choice to live in China or Japan i would choose Japan.

Reason's being Anime, Games and lets not forget the yammi food.Jan

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks

Lightbulb

China has the fastest growing economy and population. Its GDP increases by 10% each year. It is building 23 nuclear power plants in the future, as well as getting power from the Three Gorges Dam. It already has 300 million cellphones, more than anywhere else. It is mining in Tibet, gaining valuable new resources. It has a very loyal population, you rebel u die! A huge labor pool <Cough> ...1.2 billion people...As well as competent leaders. It make shte most amount of things in the world and could stop a war by not trading with whoever fights. Its army is at least 23 million strong, 10 times larger than the AMerican army. It has at least 500 million people worthy of military service(including men and women) and more tanks, guns, and artillery than any other nation. It lacks a navy, but then again Japan isn't really a big sea threat. It second in the amount on nuclear issiles, and has 2nd most satelites in the world. It has its own space program, 2000 nuclear warheads, and several other things.

China will dominate the world in a few years, while Japan is in a recession. You cant find much work there and the economy is in a slum. So I would rather live in. :

Japan :Thumbd:
    China

Which 2 decide

I go to China!
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    China is supposed to be a communist country, but look at how it's booming with capitalism at a neck-breaking speed. No one in China is satisfied with being a simple employee--everyone wants to be an owner of a business. That is a very perverted idea of what capitalism is.

On one hand, people's buying powers are increasing year by year, but on the other hand, their social etiquette and education is far behind. This creates a society of people who indulges in hedonistic spendings on material things, but with no cultural advancement other than pure commerce--a group of people with DVD players, mp3 players, computers, game consoles, and Nike shoes, but cannot point out more than a few countries on a world map, knows nothing about world history, have no idea what the world outside of their country (or even their city) is like, watches only the most shallow mainstream blockbusters on their DVD players, listens to only the most shallow Chinese pop idols on their mp3 players, plagued by superstition, almost no understanding of medical science, have no working knowledge of the legal system, or even their own government, and have an overwhelming number of uninformed ideas and thoughts about just about everything around them, while never bothering to research for the truth. With all that hightech appliances in most homes, they still walk around spitting on the sidewalk, littering the streets, eat with their mouths open, pick their noses in public, yell and talk loudly in public places, shower far less frequently than they should, shove and push each other instead of getting in a line, cheat and lie far too frequently than acceptable..etc. (Keep in mind, there are the minority of exceptions--the better educated people with more refined social etiquette. The people in big cities tend to be better too.)

I talk about such topics with local Chinese all the time, and the better educated ones could only shake their heads and sigh. They believe that China will probably take at least another couple of generations to catch up to the developed countries in terms of social etiquette and education. Economically, they are improving fast. I'm constantly amazed at the increasing purchasing power of the average person in China.
    Last edited by ???; May 28, 2005 at 12:38 PM.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Well, OK, you have something of a point, based on the AMAZING 8-word description of the topic. This entire thread kinda went towards an opinionated slant, so that's what the "point" of this thread is.

BTW, in the 8-word description, one thing is painfully obvious: the PRESENT tense. "IS", not "WAS".

BUT, I don't understand your comment about how they should have a thread of their own... isn't that what THIS IS?!
    Quite honestly, this is an opinionated comment, asking which IS best. the threads were leaning toward historical accounts, not present accounts, besides the i love anime comments, and that's why i stated what i did.

a few would disagree to say one nation is better than the other, because they don't know better. it's like asking an american if they like canada better. very few would say canada in a room full of patriots, now wouldn't they? and as someone mentioned, asking if england is better than the US.

seriously, if the question was, are japanese movies better than chinese movies? fine, it makes some sense to ask. but the generalization of the two countries is too trite, and insensitively objectifies.

tak
    Otaku tak may be famous one day tak may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I say japan is the best. the anime and the manga books

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'll say that each country has its good things and bad things, none country is best than the other!!!!!^-^!!!!.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninrev Sirgem
    China has the fastest growing economy and population. Its GDP increases by 10% each year. It is building 23 nuclear power plants in the future, as well as getting power from the Three Gorges Dam. It already has 300 million cellphones, more than anywhere else. It is mining in Tibet, gaining valuable new resources. It has a very loyal population, you rebel u die! A huge labor pool <Cough> ...1.2 billion people...As well as competent leaders. It make shte most amount of things in the world and could stop a war by not trading with whoever fights. Its army is at least 23 million strong, 10 times larger than the AMerican army. It has at least 500 million people worthy of military service(including men and women) and more tanks, guns, and artillery than any other nation. It lacks a navy, but then again Japan isn't really a big sea threat. It second in the amount on nuclear issiles, and has 2nd most satelites in the world. It has its own space program, 2000 nuclear warheads, and several other things.

China will dominate the world in a few years, while Japan is in a recession. You cant find much work there and the economy is in a slum. So I would rather live in. :

Japan :Thumbd:
    China

Which 2 decide

I go to China!
    You're a fool. China is screwed beyond reason. Their lead as the largest pop. in the world will be smashed because they keep slowly killing off all their women, and only allow each couple ONE child. They may have a huge army, but not a quality one. America was never known for it's strength in numbers, but the quality of their soldiers. Plus our air force, navy, marines? China would just be wasting it's people. and then, they're communist. America hates commies, and will never allow them to take over. Loyal population? They're a communist government! You defy, you die, they have no choice but to be loyal unless they want to be dead.

But to stay on topic of a ridulous thread, I'd have to say, neither is better, because they both have a major sucky set back:

China: Communist+ America= :Thumbd:
    Japan: Island nation+millions of people= :Thumbd:

Did you know that if you bombed one block of Tokyo you would cripple ALL of Japan's econmy? One block. That's it. That's how crowded it is.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is turning into more of a Debate Moving to Debates

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast