Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 81

Thread: what good about china and japan?

  1. #41
    Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If your north american and your plaining to go visit china, you wont see the real china.

    When you are white, Chinese people treat you differently. Cops probably won't bother you. Criminals probably stay clear of you (fear of angering a western government). Girls will come on to you (for that foreign passport). Retailers will try to scam you (assuming you are much wealthier than the average Chinese). You probably make a lot more money than the average Chinese, so you live in much better conditions and can afford a lot more luxuries.

    Even if a white person can speak Chinese fluently, they are still looked upon as a foreigner, and that invisible wall will always be there, resulting in having a significant level of things unaccesible to them.

    They say that people from the west have a certain aura about them that's very different--a refinement in demeanor. It's been commented to me by strangers so often that it's hard not to believe them. I can actually spot this myself when I see Chinese people that are from outside of China (western countries, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore..etc). They dress differently, speak differently, and carry themselves differently--a more elegant aura about

    Check it out: http://www.pawn-o-matic.com/article_china6.htm
    Last edited by ???; May 29, 2005 at 09:05 AM.

  2. #42
    TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Posts
    412
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice...THat is not surpring. Upbring and enviroments dictate your deamnor towards others. Where r you from in China?
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

  3. #43
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
    Okay, I might offend a few people with this but the more I learn about China the less impressed I am. I consider Imperial China on par with Ancient Egypt. Yes it lasted for a long time and built great lasting works of art and architecture but if you take a good look the history is one of Elitist oppression, assasination, power mongers, and war. If you weren't a member of the top .001% your life was worthless. Like Tibet when it comes to the rights of the people Communism is a step up. (Considering what I think of Communism that is quite a consession from me.)

    Japan? I wouldn't want to live there either but given a choice between the two it would win hands down. They have Constitutional rights and unlike China the Police are actually your friends. Japan's society reminds me a great deal of Edwardian England however down to the use of personal "cards". Everyone is stratisfied. The family is subservient to society and it's requirements. As someone who is very family oriented I don't find the idea of seeing my husband for one or two hours a night and on weekends (maybe) to be acceptable. In all honesty though the main reason I woudn't want to live in Japan is because 70%+ of the population smokes and I'm very sensitive to cigerette smoke. I would be drinking Miso soup every morning, night, and with every meal.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  4. #44
    Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Okay, I might offend a few people with this but the more I learn about China the less impressed I am. I consider Imperial China on par with Ancient Egypt. Yes it lasted for a long time and built great lasting works of art and architecture but if you take a good look the history is one of Elitist oppression, assasination, power mongers, and war. If you weren't a member of the top .001% your life was worthless. Like Tibet when it comes to the rights of the people Communism is a step up. (Considering what I think of Communism that is quite a consession from me.)

    Japan? I wouldn't want to live there either but given a choice between the two it would win hands down. They have Constitutional rights and unlike China the Police are actually your friends. Japan's society reminds me a great deal of Edwardian England however down to the use of personal "cards". Everyone is stratisfied. The family is subservient to society and it's requirements. As someone who is very family oriented I don't find the idea of seeing my husband for one or two hours a night and on weekends (maybe) to be acceptable. In all honesty though the main reason I woudn't want to live in Japan is because 70%+ of the population smokes and I'm very sensitive to cigerette smoke. I would be drinking Miso soup every morning, night, and with every meal.

    Yes, unfortunaly, beleave it or not, most japanese start smoking at the age of 13. Because then a parent smoke, the child will also smoke. Japan peoples as a very high rate of smokers and lung cancer then the US. Wich is sad because most cute japanese there are usualy smokers and it's very hard to find a non-smoker cute japanese if your looking to have a JP girlfriend. A pac of cigarettes is the cheapest thing you can get from the country. (like a cup of ramen noodles). Cigarettes are sold in money machines, unlike other countries that you'll have to go to a local store and show your ID...ect. Japan as money machines at the park and almost anywhere.

    But in china, only men smoke but not alot because they know that smoking is a waste of money. Rare case chinese girls smoke. Even in north america chinese girls rarely smoke.

    When you say "any modern city," that includes some of the best cities in the world like Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Paris ..etc. There's a huge difference between Shengzhen and Hong Kong. The minute you cross China's border into Hong Kong, it's a totally different feeling. Shengzhen TRIES to copy Hong Kong, but they are not even close--at least not for another few decades. The way the streets are designed, the buildings, the shopping malls, the public transportation (above and underground), the quality of the people, the restaurants..etc are all different between Shengzhen and Hong Kong. Hong Kong is definitely one of the most impressive cities in the world in terms of being cosmopolitan and modern, yet still with a traditional feel.

    One of the biggest complaints that people in Hong Kong have been voicing is the dwindling quality of things in Hong Kong ever since people in China started moving there. The Hong Kong people are pissed because the more people from China goes to Hong Kong, the worse Hong Kong becomes--dirtier, louder, more chaotic, less trustworthy...etc.
    Last edited by ???; May 29, 2005 at 10:04 AM.

  5. #45
    TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Posts
    412
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chinese are known for coming in droves..>_<
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

  6. #46
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Yes, unfortunaly, beleave it or not, most japanese start smoking at the age of 13. Because then a parent smoke, the child will also smoke. Japan peoples as a very high rate of smokers and lung cancer then the US. Wich is sad because most cute japanese there are usualy smokers and it's very hard to find a non-smoker cute japanese if your looking to have a JP girlfriend. A pac of cigarettes is the cheapest thing you can get from the country. (like a cup of ramen noodles). Cigarettes are sold in money machines, unlike other countries that you'll have to go to a local store and show your ID...ect. Japan as money machines at the park and almost anywhere.

    But in china, only men smoke but not alot because they know that smoking is a waste of money. Rare case chinese girls smoke. Even in north america chinese girls rarely smoke.

    When you say "any modern city," that includes some of the best cities in the world like Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Paris ..etc. There's a huge difference between Shengzhen and Hong Kong. The minute you cross China's border into Hong Kong, it's a totally different feeling. Shengzhen TRIES to copy Hong Kong, but they are not even close--at least not for another few decades. The way the streets are designed, the buildings, the shopping malls, the public transportation (above and underground), the quality of the people, the restaurants..etc are all different between Shengzhen and Hong Kong. Hong Kong is definitely one of the most impressive cities in the world in terms of being cosmopolitan and modern, yet still with a traditional feel.

    One of the biggest complaints that people in Hong Kong have been voicing is the dwindling quality of things in Hong Kong ever since people in China started moving there. The Hong Kong people are pissed because the more people from China goes to Hong Kong, the worse Hong Kong becomes--dirtier, louder, more chaotic, less trustworthy...etc.
    Just a couple of quick questions: when you say "money machine" what do you mean? Like an ATM? or a vending machine? Because Japan has loads of random crap in vending machines... like girls used panties

    Also, what are you talking about more people from China goes to Hong Kong"? Isn't Hong Kong part of China again? That's like saying, those stupid Americans... always going to New York City...
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

  7. #47
    Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    vending machines like the coca cola one that you see in north america. but japanese vending machines are everywhere and sell not only cokacola and chips but also panties, condoms, XXX magazines, toys for womans, cigarettes and preserved food, you can also buy beer !

    No ID is needed to have them in your hands. Just fiew yens, put in money in the hole and bingo ! a kid can do it.

    Hong kong is a country, It used to be part of china fiew years ago but now it as became a country because its a ¨metropolis country¨ compared to the other sides of china (amazons, montains, deserts, small villages). Hong Kong is the place to exporting products to other countries.

    Hong Kong is bigger then newyork. it's a big city where everything you can buy there but living there is very expencive for the chinese. That's why it as became a country.

    Hong Kong is very dirty to live. The world's most polluted country ! Virus contamination, Food contamination and having cancer is very high, so make sure you dont breath the air of that city. using http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/a...ing.pollution/

    Last edited by ???; May 29, 2005 at 09:24 PM.

  8. #48
    Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    vending machines like the coca cola one that you see in north america. but japanese vending machines are everywhere and sell not only cokacola and chips but also panties, condoms, XXX magazines, toys for womans, cigarettes and preserved food, you can also buy beer !

    No ID is needed to have them in your hands. Just fiew yens, put in money in the hole and bingo ! a kid can do it.

    Hong kong is a country, It used to be part of china fiew years ago but now it as became a country because its a ¨metropolis country¨ compared to the other sides of china (amazons, montains, deserts, small villages). Hong Kong is the place to exporting products to other countries.

    Hong Kong is bigger then newyork. it's a big city where everything you can buy there but living there is very expencive for the chinese. That's why it as became a country.
    I don't know where you get YOUR information, but this whole "Hong Kong is a country" idea just kinda... made me go "hmm..." so look at this:
    Quote Originally Posted by World Factbook (CIA)
    Pursuant to an agreement signed by China and the UK on 19 December 1984, Hong Kong became the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China on 1 July 1997. In this agreement, China has promised that, under its "one country, two systems" formula, China's socialist economic system will not be imposed on Hong Kong and that Hong Kong will enjoy a high degree of autonomy in all matters except foreign and defense affairs for the next 50 years.
    Oh, yeah, and to ??? who talked about how the Chinese are coming more and more, look at this:
    Quote Originally Posted by CIA World Factbook
    Chinese 95%, other 5%
    Please check your information.
    BTW, before you even BOTHER to argue with me over the whole "well, it's considered a seperate country", look at it's executive branch (specifically the head):
    Quote Originally Posted by CIA World Factbook
    Executive branch: chief of state: President of China HU Jintao (since 15 March 2003)
    head of government: Acting Chief Executive Donald TSANG Yam-kuen (since 12 March 2005)
    cabinet: Executive Council consists of seven non-official members and 14 official members; including Chief Secretary Donald TSANG Yam-kuen (since 1 May 2001), Financial Secretary Henry TANG (since 2 August 2003), and Secretary of Justice Elsie LEUNG (since 1 July 1997)
    elections: previous chief executive TUNG Chee-hwa was elected to second term in March 2002 by 800-member election committee dominated by pro-Beijing forces, resignation accepted 12 March 2005; next election scheduled to be held 10 July 2007
    Gee, lookie, the chief of state is China's PRESIDENT. That's like saying, "hey, they don't control us, they just... control us..."

    They don't even get a diplomatic representative in America because they're part of CHINA.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts