Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: what good about china and japan?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think someone was wondering if the sheer number of Chinese citizens if made into an army would be sufficient to conquer the world.

The question is whether #'s is all it takes or would technology make a difference?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Depends. If we used no nukes we would lose. If we did, troop siz wouldn't matter. Besides they have no navy with which to attack us or move troops with. They can't invade via any land routes.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    technology balances out size at some time. It has to, or the technology would be deemed useless.....and not be made. But of course many things go into the equation of balance.

1. the number of people
    2. the skills of the people
    3. the ability of the technology
    4. the stability of the technology
    5. cost of technology
    6. cost of sustaining troops
    7. cost of training troops
    8. risk of technology malfunction

Size will mean less and less with advanced warfare. More people, means more ppl to feed. Money for food or money for ammo and technology?

Moving towards long distance warfare, army size is virtually useless. What are your ground troops going to do if the enemy doesn't even phsyically come to attack you? Send over a few nukes and you're done. You got antimissile defense? Good, now we'll just hack in before we attack. Thanks, now we can shoot your own nukes at you too.

sorry....that last part was just mindless rambling. don't take it too seriously.

But overall....whatever method of war, i'm pretty sure the world leaders know and understand that....the equation between cost of global war and the gains from global war are very much unbalanced and the results are very clear.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    They Made Anime!!!!!!!
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    They Made Anime!!!!!!!
    Smart answer !

tak
    Otaku tak may be famous one day tak may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Smart answer !
    that is right

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    thats what i said
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    But hong-kong as a flag:

And the map too:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/hk.html
    Great, you just posted a link with MY FACTS on it. did you even READ my post? Alright, time to show you the errors in your arguments... again... just like the other thread(s).

Just because it has a flag doesn't mean ANYTHING. Florida has a flag. Are they a country?

Oh, yeah. Same for the map. And please read ALL of the source material before you discuss and use it as evidence.
    Last edited by ryke12; May 30, 2005 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Took out pictures from quote
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast