Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: what good about china and japan?

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    yo ryke, let a Canadian who's from HK back you up.

Hong Kong is not a Country. It went back to China in 1997. I was one of the families that hightailed it out of there way before the hand back.

I must say it is controlled differently than the rest of China just because of the way Hong Kong was and how much it developed while under UK ruling. There's no way in hell that China can impose the same kind of restriction it has on the rest of China. Plus because it's so modernized and a vital economical port for China, it wouldn't want to bring it back down anyway. That's why it has seperate currency, laws, humanity constitutions, etc, etc. But in no way is Hong Kong a country. Oh and ??? may be confused cuz....HK has it's own seperate team in the Olympics. There's a HK team and a China team. Still not be confused tho, HK is no country.

As for a flag. it means jack. School boards have flags. They're no flipping country. Want to see Ontairo's flag? Click Ontario is not a Country (Canada is...incase people got hit by the stupid stick)

I would go to HK to visit, shop, live for roughly a month. But I wouldn't want to settle down and start my family there. Health, safety, schooling, and many many other reasons. I can't really say about Japan, but I'd love to experience life there. Cost of living is still pretty high in Japan. Hong Kong, it's high, but not as high as some people make it out to be. People just tend to spend a LOT in HK. but that's just my opinion.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Thx for the assist, angelan. We should be a kind of tag-team . See ??? (sorry for the really BAD readability of this question mark. Remember: this following question mark will END the sentence. This had to be written in because of ???)? Hong Kong IS NOT a country.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quebec from canada wanted to be a country in the 90's

Yeah, hong kong is part of china. It's china's biggest metropolis. They have better cops then the est side of china, totally different laws and different money. It's hard to say cause hong kong dollars and chinese yuans doesn't have the same value.

Hong kong is a country.
    Last edited by ???; May 30, 2005 at 09:23 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    just throwing in a few thoughts, Hong Kong is indeed dirty because you have to consider how much land and how many people are living there, but most people can handle it and when I went back in '98 I saw how dirty it was but I didn't get sick

as for the two country thing it's still under the same country, but different constitutions (which the people in Hong Kong still haven't written one even though in 1997 China told them they could write their own)

For military and stuff yes, even if every chinese just held a knife and every japanese had a gun Chinese can still beat them, but Chinese politicians are too smart to put the country into another war that will put us back behind the world for another 25 years, besides Japan is still one of the top countries in military spending...there's no need to challenged them for now

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Quebec from canada wanted to be a country in the 90's.
    Yep, and that didn't go through. They're still part of Canada.

Yeah, hong kong is part of china. It's china's biggest metropolis.
    Ah I'm glad you figured it out. Hong Kong is part of China. China is a country, therefore if HK is part of China, then HK cannot be a Country...within a Country.

They have better cops then the est side of china, totally different laws and different money. It's hard to say cause hong kong dollars and chinese yuans doesn't have the same value.
    btw, China Currency: RenMinBi
    HK Currency: Hong Kong Dollar
    "yuan" (no "s") is just the general chinese word for Dollar or currency. Like..."ka yuan" is Canadian Dollar, "kong yuan" is hong kong dollar.

What's hard to say? I don't quite understand. It's just very different. Like the canto saying they keep using to describe the relationship between China and HK: "one country two constitutions" aka. <<yut kwok leung jai>>. Sorry for the bad <<ping yum>> but yeah....it's all canto translation....don't go telling that's not how you say it in mandarin

Hong kong is a country.
    How do you come to this conclusion, when YOU yourself said that it's not?
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    How do you come to this conclusion, when YOU yourself said that it's not?
    OK, hold on, I THINK I might understand... there's two possibilities: one, ??? DOESN'T read what he writes, and has occasional bouts of "special", or two: he thinks China is a continent...

Personally, I think he's getting "continent" mixed up with "country", so I'm going to say it outright: China is a COUNTRY on the Asia(technically EurAsia) continent. Hong Kong is PART of that COUNTRY. Much like how Germany is a COUNTRY on the EUROPE continent, China is a COUNTRY. COUNTRY.

Just making sure you know.

COUNTRY!!!!!
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    the only cases of a country within a country are the Vatican and Lesotho

Lesotho is a freak of a country that's surrounded by South Africa
    and the Vatican's somewhere inside Italy

anyway...
    I like Japan better than China
    I'm amazed that after we nuked them in WWII,
    they grew into a more technologically advanced society than the US
    who's the real winner, huh?

plasma TVs, super toilets, tiny pod cars...
    w00t
    [-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    the only cases of a country within a country are the Vatican and Lesotho

Lesotho is a freak of a country that's surrounded by South Africa
    and the Vatican's somewhere inside Italy

anyway...
    I like Japan better than China
    I'm amazed that after we nuked them in WWII,
    they grew into a more technologically advanced society than the US
    who's the real winner, huh?

plasma TVs, super toilets, tiny pod cars...
    w00t
    [-_-]
    why did you think Japan could be where they were now?? after WWII it was the Americans who helped them and Russia rebuild

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast