Thread: What happened to lupin and Case closed on late night adult swim?

Newbie AlwAyS sMiLe AzNStYle may be famous one day AlwAyS sMiLe AzNStYle may be famous one day
    Thanks

What happened to lupin and Case closed on late night adult swim?

What happened to lupin and Case closed on late night adult swim?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cartoon Network has a policy of rotating series in and out of the lineup. Lupin III and Cased Closed (Detective Conan) were the longest running (and probably lowest rated) of the shows at that time and the Network rotated them out of the lineup.

More than likely they'll be back at some future point.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    Cartoon Network has a policy of rotating series in and out of the lineup. Lupin III and Cased Closed (Detective Conan) were the longest running (and probably lowest rated) of the shows at that time and the Network rotated them out of the lineup.

More than likely they'll be back at some future point.
    But so many people liked case closed so maybe theres another reason. Maybe like you said they just got bored with it like rourouni kenshin that was on for a few weeks and all the sudden its gone with the replacement of two lost episodes of DBGT in one night.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

As far as Cartoon Network is concerned, 'Cased Closed' was a disappointment in TV ratings. They have announced that it will be shown again, however, they have no plans to license additional episodes beyond the 50 they have already licensed...

And 'Lupin III" also has not been the TV ratings block buster it was hoped to be...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitec
    But so many people liked case closed so maybe theres another reason.

If "so many people" liked the show it wouldn't have been yanked. There are but two reasons for a show to get axed: low ratings and bad public relations. Since Case Closed/Detective Conan had no p.r. to begin with the only conclusion is that the show was yanked for bad ratings.

Maybe if Funimation had sprung the extra few bucks to license the "Conan" name from Golan-Globus Productions there would have been more buzz around CN airing "Detective Conan" instead of "Case Closed." All the fanboys and fangirls know about "Detective Conan" and might have tuned in. The name "Case Closed" represented an unknown commodity that might have been another of CN's originals shows and therefore an automatic channel change for the fanboys and girls.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cartoon network is getting more and more moronic..they're shows are getting really stupid.
    I hope robot chicken and tom goes to mayor gets canceled soon talk about stupid....
    Actually futurerama (sp?) is the longest running show....
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Out with the old and in with the new. I think that Case Closed and Lupin The 3rd went the way of Outlaw Star. Well at least we will be able to watch Naruto soon. Until that happens watch Zatch Bell it's pretty good.

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.