Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what has become of origanal ideas?

Newbie lothar may be famous one day lothar may be famous one day lothar's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation what has become of origanal ideas?

it seems to me that anime now is just repeats and copies of other ideas i mean how many anime about robots falling in love with humans and we seem to get the same old story about sameria and ninja clans going at it ( even though i have to admitt some battle scenes are pretty cool.) then we have shows like gundum and dbz which constantly repeat their same story line and long winded battles ( i mean how many episodes can goku hold up his hands to form a spirit bomb)
    The body is but a vessal for the soul,
    A vessel which must bend to the soul's tyranny.
    But lo, the body is not eternal for it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust wince it came.
    Therfore must the soul
    Deceive, despise, and murder men.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well i though perfect blue and ghost in the shell were pretty original.Jan

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Some story lines are overused and get annoying, but there are inventive ones. For example: Last Exile(my fav.) was produced out of boredom. They finnaly dicided to put forth a different idea and see what would happen to it. Some believe its a breath of fresh air from the hum-drum story lines that pluege society, but others find it boring.

So, if you look at the entire assortment of anime (and manga) out there, there are loads of different ideas. If there not what you like, well, i cant help you with that.

Newbie lothar may be famous one day lothar may be famous one day lothar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Some story lines are overused and get annoying, but there are inventive ones. For example: Last Exile(my fav.) was produced out of boredom. They finnaly dicided to put forth a different idea and see what would happen to it. Some believe its a breath of fresh air from the hum-drum story lines that pluege society, but others find it boring.

So, if you look at the entire assortment of anime (and manga) out there, there are loads of different ideas. If there not what you like, well, i cant help you with that.

i guess your right
    The body is but a vessal for the soul,
    A vessel which must bend to the soul's tyranny.
    But lo, the body is not eternal for it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust wince it came.
    Therfore must the soul
    Deceive, despise, and murder men.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm.. i think there's some anime that has lost it's originality... but when u get down to manga and anime... there's such a deservsity in types of shows... there's no number to how many different type's of style's there is. An sometimes an idea is going to get copied... whether by mistake... or not.
    "now when it comes down to american movies... what the crap?! they need to stop making copies of everything, part 2 this, part 3 this... man annoying... i even just heard they made a part 2 to the MASK... i mean really, i loved the movie as it was, didn't need a part 2"
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks
    hehe dun get so worked up boys and girls ... instead of wastin time baggin out cheap imitations, just appreciate the original ones. =]

go watch furi kuri!!! XD
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, it is only customary that plots and themes are getting to monotonous nowadays... Same can be said for almost anything, whether tv shows, movies, books, clothes, etc. It's quite rare that you''ll be able to see unique shows that stand out and acknowledge itself... Some great never-before seen series can also be copied off again and again until it returns back to the tiring cycle of sickening repetition... Guess that only means one thing: the human mind has its limitations and this must be where our imaginations end or are left hanging... After all, most ideas that seem new to us are just fabricated and modified from former ones...

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lol how many episodes does it take for Goku to do a sprit bomb? Anyway anime is sort of losing orginality but hey people still watch it. If you want a quick laugh at manga and anime stereotypes then read How Not To Draw Manga. It's not an art book like the others and it teaches you how not to be orginal lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast