Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what has become of origanal ideas?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... I can see what you mean. There are a few diamonds in the rough every now and again, like Last Exile, Haibane Renmei and stuff. Those series really stand out.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by henzor
    hehe dun get so worked up boys and girls ... instead of wastin time baggin out cheap imitations, just appreciate the original ones. =]

go watch furi kuri!!! XD
    YEA! go furi kuri!!! Its probably one of the most funniest things for me to watch, its also original or how ever its spelled, bad at spelling today =P...

I would think that the story lines of most anime and manga are almost the same just because of how people think, they have opinions and are usually like, yea i wanna do something jus like that! And then they put a little twist of their own mind and creativity, though pretty much the same concept and everything of what not, then there are some which are original and have that sorta vacuum thing where people get hooked on to it like cigarettes...then the cycle begins all over again, people who are like way into it are like "im gonna do something just like that and become famous" or something like that...
    Last edited by Boo45; Jan 31, 2005 at 03:08 PM.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, it is true that some anime can be categorized into a genre like mecha or harem type...but that doesn't mean evreything can be classified so easily. Anime is still, in my humble opinion anyway, always trying to re-invent itself. Granted, sometimes it means using a concept that has already been used many times before, but they wouldn't use it over and over agaun if it wasn't popular....now would they.

Newbie aznpwincess may be famous one day aznpwincess may be famous one day
    Thanks
    if you actually think about it, it's not only anime and manga that's losing originality. it happens with movies and music too. however, i still like watching anime and reading manga. i guess there isn't an "unlimited supply" of ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2