Thread: What I believe we need....

Newbie jackkm may be famous one day jackkm may be famous one day
    Thanks

Exclamation What I believe we need....

Ok, I'm a huge fan of fansubbed anime like Naruto, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, and all those good shows. To the point where I've kinda become addicted, I need my Naruto Fix each week. However, it seems that 'the man' has stuck it to me once again by licensing Naruto, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist.... and the list goes on.

So, I'm not sure if it can actually help in the way I hope it does, but, please readover and sign my petition to Cartoon Network (the company which will be playing these shows). This petition is trying to persuade the people at CN to set up a block of time in which uncut subtitled shows will be played of the shows that they've been playing dubbed/will be playing dubbed.

I know it's a longshot but I really really hope it works

http://www.petitiononline.com/an1m3321/petition.html

Thats the link to the petition, thx.

Please spread the word

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    ye sounds cool ^^,
    but i hope they add newer animes... and some classics.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think that's a bad idea actually. The problem is I don't get cartoon network. They also have to consider TV ratings, sensorship and the hate-mail they may get from other viewers (and their parents). But good luck.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This petition has ZERO chances of having any effect. The reason why is that for Cartoon Network, showing subtitled Japanese soundtrack programs has no potential for making MONEY. Let's face the hard cold facts. The vast majority of US cable viewers can only understand one language (ENGLISH)

Also, Online Internet Petitions are meaningless from a marketing point of view. (That is, unless you can get a signature list in the 100,000 count) Decisions on what programs CN will show will be subject to the company's own internal marketing research, with unsolicited surveys ignored (grumble grumble grumble...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    When Has Any online petition ever put a point across? You Fail. :Thumbd:

You really think this would work? Really? What a small world you live in.

(That is, unless you can get a signature list in the 100,000 count) Decisions on what programs CN will show will be subject to the company's own internal marketing research, with unsolicited surveys ignored (grumble grumble grumble...)
    Even with 100k signatures they wouldn't give a hoot what you think.
    Last edited by KenX; Feb 17, 2005 at 11:53 AM.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkm
    I know it's a longshot but I really really hope it works

Thats the link to the petition, thx.

Please spread the word

And while you're there, please sign my petition to have NGE banned in the USA and sign the petition to have Aaron Carter cloned.

PetitionOnline.com: the greatest source of comedy on the world-wide webiverse. Actually believing that any of those petitions work conclusively proves the P.T. Barnum adage, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    And while you're there, please sign my petition to have NGE banned in the USA and sign the petition to have Aaron Carter cloned.

PetitionOnline.com: the greatest source of comedy on the world-wide webiverse. Actually believing that any of those petitions work conclusively proves the P.T. Barnum adage, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    Haha, I've seen some really funny petitions there, I thought everybody just treated as a joke site...
    Oh and Zui Quan: Something wrong with your 'brilliant' sig? I can't see it...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, you have to look at those concepts separately. In terms of an anime being uncut, as I have been recalling(by looking at the Animenewsnetwork.com editing articles), GITS: STA is actually starting to be uncut, so I don't believe you need to add anymore to that.

In terms of subbed anime on CN, no way in hell would they do that, their targeting audience depending on a show is for tweens and teens, also even Adult Swim which has a target audience of 18-24, most of the viewers cannot nor do they want to read subtitles. I understand that you probably got the idea because of movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Hero being subbed but thats more theaters where you can actually read the subtitles cuz they are on a big screen and bright yellow, though it would be more cost effective for CN to subtitle anime instead of hiring voice actors, most of the viewing audience are not like us at AO who can read subtitles and still know whats going on in an anime.

and also, I agree with Zui Quan, those who think this shit works are fools, stop making up these crap petitions, considering the first thing the PR department is going to do is throw thme in the trash.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.