Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What idiot dubble dubs anime!

Newbie Dragons Revenge may be famous one day Dragons Revenge may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Wait, they REdubbed it? So the voices on the cartoon network is different than on the DVD? WTF is the point of that?

If that's not the case, then you must be watching a different series, cos Milk's japanese voice is pretty subdued and childish, and her english voice is loud and obnoxious. Tetsuko sounds like an old lady, and the President sounds like the mayor from PPG.

I'm extremely anal about dubbed anime. About all I can stand is FLCL and spirited away. FMA so far has been passable, but otherwise I stick to subbed.

Newbie Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Revenge
    Wait, they REdubbed it? So the voices on the cartoon network is different than on the DVD? WTF is the point of that?

If that's not the case, then you must be watching a different series, cos Milk's japanese voice is pretty subdued and childish, and her english voice is loud and obnoxious. Tetsuko sounds like an old lady, and the President sounds like the mayor from PPG.

I'm extremely anal about dubbed anime. About all I can stand is FLCL and spirited away. FMA so far has been passable, but otherwise I stick to subbed.
    My friend that is the case. The REdubbed it Into corny voices. Milk and Tetska almost sound like the New Version of the PPG(Power Puff Girls)!
    Once you have Anime you shall NEVER walk Alone!

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    Dubs just sucks! I don't know if you guys have seen Gundam Seed on YTV... but it is just makes it terrible! They censor stuffs and the voice characters just suck!
    Please don't make this into a Gaia online topic, please.

First off, my ignorant friend, there is a big difference between dubbing and editing. Editing is where they take out parts that aern't "KIDS SAFE" or contain alot of blood, and edit them to be suitable for the wee yougin's eyes. Second, Dubbing is a form of recording voice avaivble to match the animations language.
    So the proper term would be ; ENGLISH DUBBING. And not all of them are bad. Recently, there have been tons of outstanding voice work done on various series;
    Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Nightwalker, FLCL,Saiyuki, Outlaw Star, Wolfs Rain, Angel Sanctuary. These are just to name a few. Also note that dubbing is an extreamly hard task; One word in Japanese can have at least 3 different meanings/tones. This means editors have to add more dialouge to have the character mouths fit with what they are saying. Does it mean it is any different from the origional? No.
    And if you are such a "PUREST" wouldn't you watch your anime raw, insted of subtitled? After all, subtitles are considered editing ; a crutch to not knowing the Japanese language.

My point is: You eltist really should investiage things before you go shooting off your mouth. Because, if you ask me, the only that sucks around here is your lame opinion on English Dubbing. Its all based upon person preference; they are not different from eachother..at all.
    Last edited by zerosconcubine; Nov 15, 2004 at 06:21 PM.
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosconcubine
    Please don't make this into a Gaia online topic, please.

First off, my ignorant friend, there is a big difference between dubbing and editing. Editing is where they take out parts that aern't "KIDS SAFE" or contain alot of blood, and edit them to be suitable for the wee yougin's eyes. Second, Dubbing is a form of recording voice avaivble to match the animations language.
    So the proper term would be ; ENGLISH DUBBING. And not all of them are bad. Recently, there have been tons of outstanding voice work done on various series;
    Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Nightwalker, FLCL,Saiyuki, Outlaw Star, Wolfs Rain, Angel Sanctuary. These are just to name a few. Alos note that dubbing is an extreamly hard task; One word in Japanese can have at least 3 different meanings/tones. This mean editors have to add more dialouge to have the character mouths fit with what they are saying. Does it mena it is any different from the origional? No.
    And if you are such a "PUREST" wouldn't you watch your anime raw, insted of subtitled? After all, subtitles are considered editing ; a crutch to not knowing the Japanese language.

My point is: You eltist really should really investiage things before you go shooting off your mouth. Because, if you ask me, the only that sucks around here is your lame opinion on English Dubbing. Its al based upon person preference; they are not different from eachother..at all.
    OMFG, you are my idol!!! I agree there are tons of good dubs out there. Theres just a sence of snobery with the sub loyalist. I love both.

Newbie Dragons Revenge may be famous one day Dragons Revenge may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've come to understand why they need to change stuff when they dub anime. My problem is simply how they do it. Many times (to me) they concentrate so hard on trying to get their voices to match the mouth movements, the acting is lost. That's the number one problem. I'll admit dubbing (for DVDs in particular) has gotten a lot better. They stay closer to the script, or if they change it, the main idea is there. I just wish the acting wouldnt suffer from it.

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Revenge
    I've come to understand why they need to change stuff when they dub anime. My problem is simply how they do it. Many times (to me) they concentrate so hard on trying to get their voices to match the mouth movements, the acting is lost. That's the number one problem. I'll admit dubbing (for DVDs in particular) has gotten a lot better. They stay closer to the script, or if they change it, the main idea is there. I just wish the acting wouldnt suffer from it.
    Sometimes it is also has to do with timing/budget. If the show isn't a really big endorsment or the director doesn't put alot of funding into the project, it will be a rushed job. Needless to say, alot of the ealier anime projects were like that.

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Seriously....I hated that softness also - I didn't know if it was just me at first or what! haha - they should never do that - leave it alone - dubbing in general isn't a good idea...
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    Seriously....I hated that softness also - I didn't know if it was just me at first or what! haha - they should never do that - leave it alone - dubbing in general isn't a good idea...

If its wasn't for dubbing, there wouldn't be as much anime here right now. So i'd be alittle more appreciative of it.

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast